Two Sisters

sauce839

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was asked to take a couple photos by these two sisters that they could use for Christmas cards, and since I'm trying to get more and more experience of actually taking pictures of people instead of just scenic photos from hiking and traveling I figured sure.... why not... and I actually enjoy it. Funny, I always used photography as a way to get time to myself, but now I seem to be drawn into more and more people photography... anyways, since I don't have a lot of experience in posing people, this seemed like a good way to get some practice. Overall, I think I took somewhere around 200+ photos over two days. The first day was cloudy and snowy and made for lousy conditions to be outside but the lighting was great. Since the day was cut short (their hair was a mess within 30 minutes) we decided to try again the next day since the forecast called for sunny skys.

I ended up taking a lot of duplicates since every other time I have tried taking photos of people (mulitple people at one time) one is always blinking, looking elsewhere, or talking. Out of the 200+ photos I took, 60 or so are worth keeping, and 18 or so I actually like. Here are a couple of my favorites. Feel free to CC, and since I am here to learn, feel free to be picky.

Also, I haven't touched these photos at all, they are pretty much right out of the camera except converting from an NEF file to a JPEG and resized. I know some of the photos look a little flat and need some curve adjustments and some minor touch ups and cropping.

These were shot on a D200 using either a 70-200mm f2.8 or a 24-70mm f2.8. (AWESOME lenses BTW) Some fill flash was used to hide some of the shadows on day 2, but for the most part, the cloudy conditions on day 1 gave some great light.

Thanks,

Chris (Sauce)

CJJ_7193.jpg

CJJ_7158.jpg

CJJ_7220.jpg

#1's WB is off a bit. I absolutely love #2 composition-wise. Not liking #3 too much due to their expressions.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back