Vieri

Fine Art Landscape Photographer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
linktr.ee
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Dorset, in the UK, is one of my favourite destinations. Durdle Door's sea arch is probably the most photographed landmark in Dorset, and for good reasons - it is truly remarkable. Here two different compositions of this iconic location.

S007_02291.jpg

Stormy weather over Durdle Door. ⁠12 seconds, Leica S (Typ 007), Leica Summarit-S 35mm and Formatt-Hitech Firecrest filters

SL_2_03815.jpg

Stormy sunset over Durdle Door. ⁠90 seconds, Leica SL, Leica Super-Vario-Elmar-SL 16-35mm and Formatt-Hitech Firecrest Ultra filters

Thank you for viewing and commenting, best regards

Vieri

Sublime. The end!

Just gorgeous, wonderful images. Two more unique, well-done shots. Your color scheme is subtle and calming but also very serious and conveys very serious mood. Your shots really draw the viewer in, and engages the person in a great way. Fantastic work, and thank you for posting these, it is a real treat to view things like this after a long day with the works and kids!

i could talk about these things all friggin day, but I don’t have time tonight. But I must discuss the first image just a little:
That deep sea green color of the ocean working opposite the storm sky, then also with the other shade of green grass.... is just unbelievably real mix of color and balance. I’ll go ahead and assume it was a windy day? One of the best photos I’ve seen in a long time. The use of the grass in the foreground that is windswept, and literally pulls the eye to the middle elements, only to be held down by the foreboding sky?! A serious ****ing photograph my friend

Last edited:
I have to agree with Charlie - that first photo is incredible!

I think they are both awesome. I always look forward to seeing your work. Thank you for posting.

Sublime. The end!

Thank you very much, that is truly much appreciated :)

Beautiful images......

Thank you very much Jeff! :)

Just gorgeous, wonderful images. Two more unique, well-done shots. Your color scheme is subtle and calming but also very serious and conveys very serious mood. Your shots really draw the viewer in, and engages the person in a great way. Fantastic work, and thank you for posting these, it is a real treat to view things like this after a long day with the works and kids!

i could talk about these things all friggin day, but I don’t have time tonight. But I must discuss the first image just a little:
That deep sea green color of the ocean working opposite the storm sky, then also with the other shade of green grass.... is just unbelievably real mix of color and balance. I’ll go ahead and assume it was a windy day? One of the best photos I’ve seen in a long time. The use of the grass in the foreground that is windswept, and literally pulls the eye to the middle elements, only to be held down by the foreboding sky?! A serious ****ing photograph my friend

Hello Charlie,

thank you very much indeed for your kind comment, glad you enjoyed the photos :) About the first image, I am glad you found the colour palette working to support and strengthen the composition. It was a windy day, as you can see from the sizeable amount of cloud movement in just 12 seconds of exposure, but not as windy where I was standing as to make the grass move, which to me really helped the image making it look windswept while staying sharp and detailed in the foreground grass, thus helping the grass to create diagonal, directional lines inviting the viewer to enter the composition. Thanks again! :)

I have to agree with Charlie - that first photo is incredible!

Thank you very much indeed! :)

I think they are both awesome. I always look forward to seeing your work. Thank you for posting.

Thank you very much for your kind words Pete, glad you enjoyed these and that you are enjoying my work in general :)

Best regards,

Vieri

Most reactions

Back