Two Suns

Well, it's simply false that there are any easily perceived differences in sunrise/sunset, year-to-year.

Checking the Nautical Almanac for a few recent years, I see no change in, for example, the azimuth of Sunrise as seen from Washington DC over the last couple years. Since people use this information for celestial navigation, and the celestial navigators are not getting lost, we can assume that the Nautical Almanac is not in fact the target of a vast government conspiracy to conceal the truth from anyone, or that it is full of mistakes.

Can't be. Everything you see or read on the internet has to be true. Otherwise, the internet police come get ya.

Must be some good Acid being passed around.:mrgreen:

Well, it's simply false that there are any easily perceived differences in sunrise/sunset, year-to-year.

Checking the Nautical Almanac for a few recent years, I see no change in, for example, the azimuth of Sunrise as seen from Washington DC over the last couple years. Since people use this information for celestial navigation, and the celestial navigators are not getting lost, we can assume that the Nautical Almanac is not in fact the target of a vast government conspiracy to conceal the truth from anyone, or that it is full of mistakes.

...it's a much larger conspiracy than gubmint...it is in fact larger than global...if anyone sees this messege,please help....they are almost here...................................

Those this sound like a joke also?

What the **** does MAGNETIC north have to do with the setting sun? It's the axis of the EARTH'S ROTATION (and it's tilt in relationship to the ecliptic) that determines where, on your local horizon, the sun will set. Criminy.... this is 8th grade science.

OK, here's the truth: The landmass you live on is riding on a very thin section of the earth's crust. You have a high amount of very viscous magma floating around under you. It's not that the sun is moving... YOU ARE. Your landmass is being turned in a clockwise direction due to the Coriolis Effect.

There. The truth is out. We can put this to rest now.

What the **** does MAGNETIC north have to do with the setting sun? It's the axis of the EARTH'S ROTATION (and it's tilt in relationship to the ecliptic) that determines where, on your local horizon, the sun will set. Criminy.... this is 8th grade science.

I blame the educational system, or maybe inbreeding. Jury is still out.

OK, here's the truth: The landmass you live on is riding on a very thin section of the earth's crust. You have a high amount of very viscous magma floating around under you. It's not that the sun is moving... YOU ARE. Your landmass is being turned in a clockwise direction due to the Coriolis Effect.

I never said the sun is moving. I know it's the earth moving but it's not just here, people in many places of the earth is saying what I'm saying.

I'm done feeding the trolls here.

Bye!

I never said the sun is moving. I know it's the earth moving but it's not just here, people in many places of the earth is saying what I'm saying.

Well, simply put, they are wrong.

MASTERlarge.gif

wikipedia

Yah. People also have seasons, but most of us get to enjoy only one pass through each season. Unless you go through a second childhood - but that's more of a case of a "false spring".

Most reactions

New Topics

Back