Ugh

Verbal

$100
Reaction score
Wow, what a morning.

I need to vent, so you all get to listen to me. =)

I play bass/acoustic guitar at church for both services every sunday. This morning I get there, and we practice for 30 minutes before church. It all goes smoothly...then 10 minutes before the service starts Ted (the pastor) calls to me and asks me to help, because the projector hooked up to the laptop isn't working, so they can't get the words to the songs on the screen. Meh, okay, so I start to work on that. Then a few minutes later Eric, our sound man, tells me that he can't get the main speakers to work, and he asks my help on that. Okay fine. So I work on those things, but neither of them work until 15 minutes after when the service was supposed to start, so we got a late start. Then, me and the drummer started playing the correct song, and the pianist and guitarist started playing the wrong song...all at the same time. Ack. THEN, on the last song (a very bass-heavy song that I wrote the bass line to), MY FREAKING A STRING BREAKS! It's the one I use most!!! So that sucked. Oh, and the guitarist's amp was feeding back half the time.

So finally the first service is over. Me, Mark (drummer), Peter (guitarist) and Amber (pianist) all head to the foyer for a breath of fresh air, and we're all completely frazzled. Nothing is going right! So Mark and Peter and I all get in Mark's car to go get some coffee and donuts for us all. And guess what? It won't start. Yep.

We finally get the coffee, and don't you just KNOW I'm going to spill on my white, freshly ironed shirt!

sigh.

Oh, and I was *this* close to asking a girl named Justine out...I've had a mind to for months now. Her dad is Mark, a good friend of mine. Well I got a spontaneous thought (thank God, lol) and I asked Mark's permission first. I'm SO glad I did, because they don't allow her to date until she's 18 (she turned 17 in September, but you'd never know it...she looks 20)!!! So that was embarassing, yet I think I saved face.

Oy though, what a day! I'm going to (try to) relax the rest of the day.

Thanks for letting me rant
*thud*

ooohhh :hugs: :) welll after all it was a very interesting day!

EDIT:
uhhh? she's not allowed to date UNTIL she's 18?? ohh... lol... so I see that my situation is just beautiful.... !!!

fun fun fun...

my only question is....
I play bass/acoustic guitar at church for both services every sunday.

how do you manage to play both bass and acoustic guitar at the same time? :lol:

just kidding.... I'm actually posting this to see how many posts I have.. ;)

LittleMan said:
fun fun fun...

my only question is....

how do you manage to play both bass and acoustic guitar at the same time? :lol:

just kidding.... I'm actually posting this to see how many posts I have.. ;)

lol :p I generally have both on stage, and switch between them for different songs.

should have done an acoustic set today...but with your luck, you'd have probably fallen off stage :)

JonMikal said:
should have done an acoustic set today...but with your luck, you'd have probably fallen off stage :)
or the strings break on the instruments.... that happened before one night... the leader broke a sting on his guitar..... I handed him my extra one... he broke the same string... so I handed him my guitar.... so he breaks that one....

He just put the guitars down and had the electric player finish the song... :lmao:

Well the bass string did break, so second service we did end up doing an acoustic set. Which actually went really well! It was nice. I love playing acoustic, much better than bass.

Verbal said:
Well the bass string did break, so second service we did end up doing an acoustic set. Which actually went really well! It was nice. I love playing acoustic, much better than bass.

unless you were beating the pianist over the head with it, how did you break the A string? :confused: i've heard of slapping, but come on :lmao:

JonMikal said:
unless you were beating the pianist over the head with it, how did you break the A string? :confused: i've heard of slapping, but come on :lmao:

This is an antique bass, lol...those strings hadn't been changed in at least 10 years, no joke. They were incredibly worn, it was only a matter of time till they break. Also, it's not like it snapped, lol. It began to unwind though down by the bridge...I've seen that happen a lot.

Verbal said:
This is an antique bass, lol...those strings hadn't been changed in at least 10 years, no joke. They were incredibly worn, it was only a matter of time till they break. Also, it's not like it snapped, lol. It began to unwind though down by the bridge...I've seen that happen a lot.
yep, I've seen that happen before... doesn't sound very good when it does... :confused:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back