UMass Amherst @ UMaine hockey (warning: 24 shots)

Trenton Romulox

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.jeremygrayphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
One:
_DSC1930.jpg

Two:
_DSC1956.jpg

Three:
_DSC1977.jpg

Four:
_DSC1982.jpg

Five:
_DSC2019.jpg

Six:
_DSC2039.jpg

Seven:
_DSC2032.jpg

Eight:
_DSC2052.jpg

Nine:
_DSC2100.jpg

Ten:
_DSC2213.jpg

Eleven:
_DSC2166.jpg

Twelve:
_DSC2207.jpg

Thirteen:
_DSC2221.jpg

Fourteen:
_DSC2221.jpg

Fifteen:
_DSC2401.jpg

Sixteen:
_DSC2412.jpg

Seventeen:
_DSC2449.jpg

Eighteen:
_DSC2477.jpg

Nineteen:
_DSC2487.jpg

Twenty:
_DSC2563.jpg

Twenty-one:
_DSC2595.jpg

Twenty-two:
_DSC2600.jpg

Twenty-three:
_DSC2701.jpg

Twenty-four:
_DSC2650.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Comments and critiques are welcome and appreciated.

Peace.

Nice shots in both your ice hockey threads :)

What camera/lens did you use? You manage to capture the action well, though ocasionally you might want to blur out the background a bit more, so it doesn't steal focus from the players :)

Nice shots in both your ice hockey threads :)

What camera/lens did you use? You manage to capture the action well, though ocasionally you might want to blur out the background a bit more, so it doesn't steal focus from the players :)

Thanks.

I used a D3 with a Nikon 200-400mm f/4. That f/4 is why there's not so much blur. I sometimes use a 70-200mm f/2.8 but there aren't many places to stand in the arena so I usually have to go up to the top (and that's not gonna work without the 200-400, although, at one end the 200-400 still isn't enough reach). I could always add an artificial blur, but I don't really want to take realism away from this style of work.

Thanks again for the comments.

Nice shots. Good action and good exposure. Im glad to see hockey photos where neither the ice or the white in the uniforms is blown.

Only thing I dont like about them are some of them are cropped a little too loose for my liking but its a personal preference thing and Im assuming these are straight out of the camera frames.

Nice shots. Good action and good exposure. Im glad to see hockey photos where neither the ice or the white in the uniforms is blown.

Only thing I dont like about them are some of them are cropped a little too loose for my liking but its a personal preference thing and Im assuming these are straight out of the camera frames.

No, they aren't straight out of the camera, I cropped some of them before putting them up. It's hard to draw the line between what adds to a scene and what does not. Sometimes that guy in the background is beneficial and sometimes he's not. I'm still getting the hang out of what to keep and what not to keep.

Thanks for your comments.

F/4 wow. Good work! A lot of brilliance in those colors.

Most reactions

Back