Senior Little League World Series (x18)

Trenton Romulox

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.jeremygrayphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
The Senior Little League World Series took place in Bangor, ME last week and I took my camera with me a couple of days and snapped off some shots.

One:
_DSC6157.jpg

Two:
_DSC6081.jpg

Three:
_DSC5966.jpg

Four:
_DSC5925.jpg

Five:
_DSC5916.jpg

Six:
_DSC5873.jpg

Seven:
_DSC5872.jpg

Eight:
_DSC5117.jpg

Nine:
_DSC5108.jpg

Ten:
_DSC4885.jpg

Eleven:
_DSC4861.jpg

Twelve:
_DSC4859.jpg

Thirteen:
_DSC4855.jpg

Fourteen:
_DSC4799.jpg

Fifteen:
_DSC4762.jpg

Sixteen:
_DSC4759.jpg

Seventeen:
_DSC4755.jpg

Eighteen:
_DSC4678.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Comments, critiques, and jokes are all welcome and appreciated.

Peace.

Nice shots! In #4, #14 is throwing a knuckle, you dont see that a lot.

Thanks for the comments, guys. Much appreciated.

And yeah, I was surprised to see the knuckle. A Canadian pitcher had a knuckleball too, so there were at least two kids throwing them. Which is nice to see; the knuckleball pitcher is a dying breed.

Thanks again for the comments.

i dont understand squat about baseball (and not much more about photography) but those are some really cool action shots! :)

Great action shots. I noticed the knuckler too. We have an 11 year old boy on my son's team (I'm an assistant coach) who can throw one of the nastiest kunckleballs I have ever seen. Crazy.

i dont understand squat about baseball (and not much more about photography) but those are some really cool action shots! :)

Thanks! And I'm glad to see that even though you don't know a ton about baseball you can still respect the photographs, that's awesome, and really adds a lot of extra value to your comments.

Thanks again, janetm1000.

some things you dont have to understand to appreciate! ;)

Trenton, you really seem good at not only "catching the moment" but HOLY COW, the crispness of the photographs is awesome!

How about sharing? With a pretty basic digital camera in about the same lighting, how would you change the following settings?:
ISO - 200
F/2.8 - the camera won't go any farther
shutter 1/250, or can/should I go faster? Closer to 500?

Thanks! And again, fantastic shots.

Trenton, you really seem good at not only "catching the moment" but HOLY COW, the crispness of the photographs is awesome!

How about sharing? With a pretty basic digital camera in about the same lighting, how would you change the following settings?:
ISO - 200
F/2.8 - the camera won't go any farther
shutter 1/250, or can/should I go faster? Closer to 500?

Thanks! And again, fantastic shots.

Well, it really depends; are you shooting during the day, or at night? Because at night it's gonna be near impossible to get crisp shots without a camera that's at, say, D3 caliber. And even during the day, because my lens is a 200-400 f/4, I shoot at at least ISO 800 as a starting point, to try and get 1/8000 shutter speed. And if I can go at a lower ISO, I always will. But I always make sure that during the day, I'm shooting with at least 1/4000 of a second, it's vital for getting crisp sports shots. You could get some really nice shots at 1/1250 though, if you're timing is good and your hand is steady and your action isn't terribly fast. So, seeing what your settings are above: I'd definitely stick with as fast an aperture as you can, so f/2.8 is good there, and then I'd raise the ISO to the level where you can get a shutter speed that is at the slowest, 1/1000. Shutter speed definitely has to be increased for you to get desired results. I hope I answered your question well, and if you have any more questions, feel free to ask away.

Thanks for your comments and questions, much appreciated.

200-400 f/4 is a monster! I was thinking these were with the 200 f2.8 that you have.. I was thinking and this is just a random question..Have you tried a tc converter on the 200 2.8? I was thinking of getting a 1.4 for a little more reach on my 200. Thanks..

200-400 f/4 is a monster! I was thinking these were with the 200 f2.8 that you have.. I was thinking and this is just a random question..Have you tried a tc converter on the 200 2.8? I was thinking of getting a 1.4 for a little more reach on my 200. Thanks..

I haven't tried any teleconverters with any of my lenses yet. I plan on eventually getting a 1.4 or 1.7 to use on my 200-400 for daytime shooting, but I'm not really 100% sure yet. I might end up getting a 400mm f/2.8 and getting a 1.4 with that, and probably selling off the 200-400 at that point.

Good stuff. I actually umpired the state championship for Connecticut...That team ended up getting beat at the East regional pretty bad, though.

Good stuff. I actually umpired the state championship for Connecticut...That team ended up getting beat at the East regional pretty bad, though.

Must have been fun to ump though. I figure I might try and get a gig umping Little League next year or something, that'd be a good time and I'd get a little bit of cash on the side.

Thanks for the comments, Kenny.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back