What's new

ummm trees? or a tree? yea

his4ever

TPF Noob!
Joined
Mar 28, 2006
Messages
651
Reaction score
0
Location
sitting at the computer...
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
deadtree2sm.jpg


2)
deadtreesm.jpg



I was driving down a rual highway. Sun was low and there were some great clouds. My regrets with these pics were
1) Did not put on my polerizer (grrr!)
2) Did not set the white balance (double grr!)

Other than that... how is the compostion and the contrast???? And any other suggetions for the future? Thanks

Oh btw, for the second pic there is some really cool sunrays in the distance that I croped out... would that be good to include in the picture?? Or is the way I have it croped better?
 
I like 'm both! And I don't care about the WB, the colours look good. Love the comp. Could you show the one with the rays? Just curious to see how that changes the pic (probably a lot)




pascal
 
Well, I much prefer the second over the first with regards to composition. Colour is a bit on the cold side, I might have warmed it just a tad, but as there is some snow around there, the cold colour temp might also work.

Yes, also I am now curious to see the uncropped version, and if only to compare the two!?!?
 
shoot in raw then you wouldn't be grring at the white balence :)

Still I like these pics :) :mrgreen::thumbup:
 
Thanks you all. This makes me fee really good... that I am almost there at taking pictures. Mabey I should start shooting RAW since I do not always think about white balance... espcially when I am freaked out by what road I am on (there was no shoulder and I just stopped there. Thankfully there were no cars comming on the side I was on).

I adjusted the wb on the uncropped version a little. It was really really blue. I threw as much red and yellow as I could without making it look red and yellow...

deadtree.jpg
 
Well, upon seeing the original you worked with, I feel I would have cropped it just like you did yourself!
 
yea too much empty space around the tree and the road is annoying. I took the picture like that on purpose so that I could crop it in the end and have something to work with. I wasnt sure if I was losing anything by cropping out the sunbeams... but now that I look at it I see that they are not that appearnt at all.
 
yay! Thanks for all the comments. When I cropped it I kept thinking of what others said about others photos (and what I have read in photography magazine critiques) when I worked on this picture. I still need much improvement... but I am getting there (I hope)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom