What's new

Under Clacton Pier

Bluffkin

TPF Noob!
Joined
May 7, 2014
Messages
107
Reaction score
15
Location
United Kingdom
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Good Morning everyone.

I wanted to share this picture I took whilst away at Clacton-on-sea. Still practising my Lightroom skills as I am new to it. Is it, in your humble opinion overly edited? CnC very welcome. I wish I had a tripod and a ND filter for something like this :-(

$Pier.webp

Thanks! Bluffkin
 
With 29 views and no comments, I am going to go ahead and assume nobody likes this picture at all?
 
What's your vision of?

Yeah, it is under a pier for sure.
 
It does not seem overly edited to me.
 
No, it doesn't appear overly-edited, nor however, does it seem overly interesting. There's no real defined subject nor purpose to the image. For editing-specific critique, it helps to post the SOOC image alongside the processed version.
 
sorry, I'm not familiar with Lightroom, but do you have the chance also to fix the chromatic aberration there? (google it perhaps)

$Screenshot_3.webp
 
I've no idea. Thank you for being the first person to actually point something out that will allow me to improve though. Will look into it right away! :)

Update: - Yep, looks like there is a whole tool for it in light room to adjust the colour fringing etc. Thank you!
 
I've no idea. Thank you for being the first person to actually point something out that will allow me to improve though. Will look into it right away! :)
well... since you've said something nice... while googleing about chromatic aberration, you could google about white balance tool also...

;) yeah... that will keep you busy for a while and it's essential to learn
 
Heh, it's funny you have to mention that I said something nice. I've been on these forums for a good few years (different username) and it's progressively becoming more hostile. It's such a shame.

What is it about the white balance here that you see needing improving? I'm not claiming to know white balance by the way, would just be a great place to start correct my errors.

Thanks again
 
Heh, it's funny you have to mention that I said something nice. I've been on these forums for a good few years (different username) and it's progressively becoming more hostile. It's such a shame.
I just choose not to pay attention on that kind of people and make from the forum what I want to make...

What is it about the white balance here that you see needing improving? I'm not claiming to know white balance by the way, would just be a great place to start correct my errors.
Thanks again
Warning is that I'm viewing this on a crappy computer at work but does the water look white or purplish?

$Screenshot_7.webp
 
Yes, now that you mention it, I can see quite a lot of problems with the actual picture. Thank you for opening my eyes!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom