What's new

Unhappy with wedding photos... help!

Thank you, the picture looks better. May I ask what you did?

Perspective correction, sharpening, added some contrast, and did a bit of cloning.. and did a quick one shade fill on the sky..... not much.
 
Wow, not the friendliest of people on this site... a few were nice and thank you to them.

If you're really going to get these retouched then please take my friendly advice: ask Brenda Sison for the RAW images (she'll know what you're talking about). You're going to do yourself no favors using a resized jpeg for retouching. See...I am friendly. :)

I agree with Tee totally.. get the RAW images... don't work from the Jpegs... not worth it.
 
Again, you do not have the copyright. That will always stay with the photographer. Here is what you DO have:

I hereby grant anyone in possession of images shot by Weston Photography my permission to make unlimited printed or developed photographs, for their personal use, using this CD-ROM or DVD of their portraiture/wedding/event/commercial images.
 
cgipson1 said:
I agree with Tee totally.. get the RAW images... don't work from the Jpegs... not worth it.

FAQ on photographers website
They do not give out RAW files. They edit all photos. Once the RAW file is converted to JPEG it is gone!
 
Thank you for being friendly :)

I do question the copyright issue.. as what the others have said is correct. Usually it is only the right to print... not edit, etc.... So I am going to take the examples I did down.. :)
 
Wow, not the friendliest of people on this site... a few were nice and thank you to them.

It's not that they are not friendly, just that they are photographers and would not appreciate being in the persons position that you are questioning. Many of them would have the business sense to combat what you are doing legally if they have the right to.
 
cgipson1 said:
WRONG! I always keep a copy of my RAWs.. and you can save a Jpeg from a raw, without killing the RAW! ;)

I was just writing what the photographer stated on her FAQ.

A: A professional should be licensed, insured, up to date on current practices, know the venues protocols and have professional equipment. Professional equipment is one of the most important factor for stunning photos! A professional has invested in the best equipment to give you the best quality photos. A professional will also be ready for any weather, lighting and photography situation that can and will arise. While anyone can invest around $1,500 for a camera from the local electronics store, chances are it is still not a professional grade camera and not equipped to function correctly in a wedding situation. While we love and respect the semi-pro (because we were all one at some point!) most brides dont want to take any chances with their photos.

Q: Are all of my photos edited?

A: YES!

Q: How long does it take to edit my photos?

A: While edit times vary from photographer to photographer, I’ve found that the average is 4-8 weeks. We generally try to have our weddings done in 4-6 weeks for a wedding and 2-3 weeks for a photo session. These times vary according to workload.

Q: Do I get the disc with all of the photos in high resolution?

A: Yes, you get the disc with all of the photos in .jpg form and in high resolution. (High resolution means the photo is optimized for large scale printing)

Q: Do I get the raw files?

A: No, for 2 reasons. First, not all photographers shoot in raw, a lot still shoot in .jpg. Raw is simply a way in which you can take a photo just like .jpg is.

Second, even if the photographer gave you the raw file, chances are your computer doesn’t even have a converter to open it. In addition, if the photo is raw, its generally not edited. In our case, we do shoot raw but once the photo is edited we convert it to .jpg and the raw file is gone.

Q: How long is a photo session?
 
g)

Q: Do I get the raw files?

A: No, for 2 reasons. First, not all photographers shoot in raw, a lot still shoot in .jpg. Raw is simply a way in which you can take a photo just like .jpg is.

Second, even if the photographer gave you the raw file, chances are your computer doesn’t even have a converter to open it. In addition, if the photo is raw, its generally not edited. In our case, we do shoot raw but once the photo is edited we convert it to .jpg and the raw file is gone.

Megan... I can't imagine any professional ever deleting the RAWs... so I find that hard to believe! That would be a dangerous thing to do.. what if a re-edit was needed? lol!
 
Once she checks the referrel links in her SmugMug stats and sees the gajillion links to here, I'm thinking she's going to change the wording of her copyright to unlimited printing. :lol:
 
Megan... I can't imagine any professional ever deleting the RAWs... so I find that hard to believe! That would be a dangerous thing to do.. what if a re-edit was needed? lol!

Was thinking the same thing. I wonder if by giving the OP permission to edit the images it is Brenda's way of getting passed this and not worth the headache.
 
cgipson1 said:
Megan... I can't imagine any professional ever deleting the RAWs... so I find that hard to believe! That would be a dangerous thing to do.. what if a re-edit was needed? lol!

I doubt they delete it. They just don't want to give out the RAW files - how many customers are gonna know all that much about raw files and editing.
 
Megan... I can't imagine any professional ever deleting the RAWs... so I find that hard to believe! That would be a dangerous thing to do.. what if a re-edit was needed? lol!

Was thinking the same thing. I wonder if by giving the OP permission to edit the images it is Brenda's way of getting passed this and not worth the headache.

That is what I was thinking! And that is one reason I can't imagine they would delete their RAW files... if a re-edit was needed, they would be held responsible for quality, and a re-edited Jpeg wouldn't cut it!
 
@Jake337, I'm really confused as to what I'm doing to warrant any legal action towards me. Why do I need to keep my mouth shut and just pretend to like my photos?
 
I think you have a valid complaint, most of those are clearly not edited and that is what was agreed upon. You might think of lawyering up, maybe then she'll at least give you the RAW images and you can find a professional to edit.
​
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom