Union Pacific train after ice storm.

Pyrex

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
The clouds were out of this world.. I increased the contrast SLIGHTLY and it looks completely fake.. If I even touch this thing it looks fake.

I like it, what are your opinions?!

Train_005.jpg

Very impressive. I bet it looks awesome in b/w with a slight sepia tint, too. :sexywink:

Thanks Parago! I can certainly convert it over.. I toyed with it, but the colors brought the image to life, so I decided to just hit it with some slight contrast and call it done. I had to get off about 1 inch (no joke) of ice off my car to get out here to take this. The real impressive bit is the fact that since it was well below freezing, and it had just rained the view distance was almost infinite. Rain pulls dust out of the air, but leaves humidity which lowers visibility, and when the water freezes a bit later, all the water crystals fall to the ground leaving a completely clear sky which gives some pretty amazing horizons.

Soften/Flare to B&W to Sepia:

Train_006.jpg

Yea, I would've tried a very subtle sepia version and maybe more contrast but I mean hey - your pic is awesome in color so don't mind my silly b/w addiction.. :sexywink:

Your sepia version is totally DIFFERENT from the colour photo, even though they are both the same and I know it.
But they feel so different now!

If I had only ever seen the sepia version, I would have gone "wow" over that.
Now I know both ... and I think I prefer the bold colours and the wonderful colour contrast between blue and yellow!

That MUST have been a big ice storm you experience over there!
We even hear about it in the news - and I get to see so many photos of everything coated in ice on here! Whoa!

We are forecast a huge storm (gailforce winds and loads and loads of rain) for tomorrow, but at over 50F-degrees there is no danger of ice anywhere. Just the trees might fall into your head....

I really like it too, but if I hadn't read your post heading, I'd be wondering why the nose of the train looks "wrinkly" as that's the only place that's covered with ice. Other than that, the composure is great and I like the color version better.

I must say I'm suprised you heard about it all the way over there! Take a look at my car that morning! :

http://cjshull.googlepages.com/Ice_001.jpg

:shock:

Your sepia version is totally DIFFERENT from the colour photo, even though they are both the same and I know it.
But they feel so different now!

If I had only ever seen the sepia version, I would have gone "wow" over that.
Now I know both ... and I think I prefer the bold colours and the wonderful colour contrast between blue and yellow!

That MUST have been a big ice storm you experience over there!
We even hear about it in the news - and I get to see so many photos of everything coated in ice on here! Whoa!

We are forecast a huge storm (gailforce winds and loads and loads of rain) for tomorrow, but at over 50F-degrees there is no danger of ice anywhere. Just the trees might fall into your head....

Thanks very much for all the feedback, I really appreciate it.

Here is a little more dramatic b&w - I made several adjustments to the lighting on teh train in the foreground, and increased the contrast considerably.

Train_007_bw.jpg

I like this A LOT! :thumbup: :heart: :mrgreen:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back