Unnecessary reticence to take a shot...cold feet?

cepwin

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was headed back to my car this morning and parked next to me was an unusual classic Volvo (?) car. I had my phone with me but I didn't feel quite right taking a picture of someone else's car randomly (the owner was not around.) Was this warranted? Was there any reason I shouldn't have just taken some shots (without the owners permission) since it was a cool thing I don't see every day or did I just get cold feet?

I think you just got cold feet. You see something you want to shoot, you do shoot it.

If you're on public property............ fire away!

When an object/subject is out in public view, it's usually safe to snap a picture.

As a GENRERAL rule, what makes the dividing line is what you want to do with the photo. If you were going to sell the photo to Volvo for an add campaign, then it might become a different story.

Of course, out of public view, and the expectation of privacy changes as you move from public view and or private property.

Good luck!

Thanks guys! Radiorickm your spelling out the general guidelines is very helpful. Yes, it was definitely on public property. I'm doing this as a hobby so it would, if anything, go on my flikr/facebook and had I gotten a license plate number in the shot I would have blurred it in photoshop before it went anywhere.

I would have no problem selling an image of it to Volvo for Volvo to use as advertising, as unlikely as it is that Volvo would be buying a phone camera image of a long discontinued model sitting in a random parking lot.

I wonder if it may have been a Volvo P1800 sports car?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back