What's new

Untitled

@ Rick58: Internet opinions are... just that. I've seen some of our esteemed, and highly-"liked" members produce occasional clunkers. And I've seen some really good stuff (my opinion) produced by self-described newbies. So you got to take each image as it is. When we react to an image, we bring with us our own particular baggage (called education, experience, cultural biases) and our own expectations. One of the advantages of an international forum like this one, is that we get a wider exposure of opinions than we would get if we were in a local club. What we should be doing more of, is examining our feelings about an image and then trying to explain that emotional reaction - because in the end, powerful images are about emotion.

@ Frederico: Did you forsee the postprocessing you were going to apply to the image when you took it, or did you end up playing with the image until it looked right to you? I ask because there is a big difference in the appearance of the original images, and your finished work. Definitely the post-processing added a lot to the atmosphere of the image, and to me, made it memorable.
 
@ Frederico: Did you forsee the postprocessing you were going to apply to the image when you took it, or did you end up playing with the image until it looked right to you? I ask because there is a big difference in the appearance of the original images, and your finished work. Definitely the post-processing added a lot to the atmosphere of the image, and to me, made it memorable.
Thanks, Paul. I didn't foresee anything this time. Thing is, The Manitoba Legislature is the most photographed subject around here, so everybody's photos look pretty much identical to everybody else's. So when I shoot there, I know that I'll have to go to work in post – that's pretty much the only way to set your Leg photos apart. Since almost no one does the Leg in B&W, that's what I decided to do; whereas everybody highlights the place's grandeur, I went dark :)

Thank you, gentlemen!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom