What's new

Unusual sunset tonight

Joined
Apr 9, 2009
Messages
41,401
Reaction score
5,706
Location
Iowa
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
We have had several severe thunderstorms blow through today.

We had an unusual sunset tonight with a very orange colored sky and odd cloud formations.
Looking northwest towards where the Sun was setting.
A.jpg


A couple of minutes later, looking due east :

In ACR, Cloudy white balance, sharpened (50,1,0), clarity 50. I added a black border in CS5. Nothing else.

OddClouds5-18-10D300A_0073.jpg
 
Very intersting clouds. That color is intense, reminds me of tornado weather.
 
Awesome.

I have only seen a couple sunsets like that in my time, and they always create a surreal feel while they last.
 
They look like mammatus to me,very cool.
 
Nifty and I learned a new word and once I looked at Keiths wiki link the name even makes sense. :)
 
Way-cool man, totally way-cool! I love it when the light gets all freaky and weirdly-colored during the late spring and summer months as sunset approaches...it's cool!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom