Up close and personal

Aloicious

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.photographywild.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Got some good closer than usual shots today. The close crops might not be everyone's cup of tea, but I had fun with 'em. Enjoy!

1 - Mom GHO
GHOmom_zpsdbc59724.jpg

2 - Baby's growing up
BabyGHO_zps5f728d22.jpg

3 - Horned Lark
hornedlark_zpsd1a676fb.jpg

4 - Western Meadowlark with a beakfull
meadowlark_zpsce51e01d.jpg

5- Common Raven
commonraven_zps3a8e01e0.jpg

6 - Savannah Sparrow (?)
Savannahsparrow_zps1f0430da.jpg

I really like the set. Plenty of nice clean, crisp shots that, for one, don't get to see often. I agree that the raven is pretty cool.

Thanks for sharing.

kevin

Love em! Are they all wild? Everything is top notch! sharpness, colors and exposure.

Very nice! Really good job on the crow/raven!

Thanks, I actually have one of that raven in mid-takeoff that I still need to process along with a hawk takeoff that should turn out pretty good

I really like the set. Plenty of nice clean, crisp shots that, for one, don't get to see often. I agree that the raven is pretty cool.

Thanks for sharing.

kevin

Thanks Kevin

Love em! Are they all wild? Everything is top notch! sharpness, colors and exposure.

Thanks Kris, yup they're all wild, I went out looking for burrowing owls, but didn't find any. but for some reason there was almost no one else out today, so these guys didn't seem to mind my presence. especially that horned lark. he's really close to minimum focus distance, he was just as interested in me as I was in him.

Yup absolutely Fantastic! I wish I could get that close to my owls. I've only seen 1 Lark also and it wasn't all that interested in me :( BTW these close crops are not my cup of tea they are more like my cup of Double espresso lattes :) way better than tea...

Yup, when they are this sharp, the close crops work just fine. Very nice!

Yup absolutely Fantastic! I wish I could get that close to my owls. I've only seen 1 Lark also and it wasn't all that interested in me :( BTW these close crops are not my cup of tea they are more like my cup of Double espresso lattes :) way better than tea...

Thanks :D...600mm, 36mp, and a quiet car help out alot too...there was only the 1 horned lark, but there were TONS of meadowlarks singing away

Yup, when they are this sharp, the close crops work just fine. Very nice!

Thanks!

The meadowlark & raven shots are great! Nice and sharp + the solid background sky FTW.

Very nice! Makes me wish I had a $10,000 600mm f/4 lens! :drool:

been out of town for a couple days....

Thanks Buckster, heh yeah, its a nice lens, I didn't pay that much for it, but it still wasn't cheap by any means :D

Most reactions

Back