Upcoming Shoot Suggestions Please.

Granddad

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have a studio shoot next Monday with an old friend who has trained as a Humanist funeral celebrant and needs photos for her website. Suggestions (particularly on lighting) would be appreciated.

Here's the lady in question from a shoot I did with her a couple or three years ago. She's not a kid any more but well preserved:

Dawn1.jpg

I'll be honest Mark, I'm not entirely sure what a "Humanist Funeral Celebrant" is, but assuming it's along the lines of someone who leads a funeral service, my suggestion would be to go for the sincere look. Shoot from ever so slightly above eye level and have her looking at the camera but not staring; probably short lighting, but with a fairly narrow ratio, say shadows at nor more than 1/2 stop below key, the idea being fairly bright and open, approachable, sincere. I wouldn't go for any dramatic lighting, shadows, etc. Simple hair and make-up, nice clothes, but not too formal or casual.

Well Mark, You know how it goes. It's very hard to argue with John. :)
So in addition I would say "Enjoy the shoot".

"Well preserved" I like that.

I don't know what kind of suggestions you are looking for. The only thing I can think of just off the top is; no symbolism. No Book, no vestments, no sculptures or insignia. Beyond that, I presume she has some idea of how solemn she wants the lighting. And let her suggest her outfit, but other than that, I've got nothing.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back