Urban Disguise 60 v2.0 feedback?

JClishe

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Anyone have an Urban Disguise 60 that they can provide feedback on?

I currently have a Tamrac Expedition 5x backpack that I've outgrown. I'm thinking about switching to a shoulder bag for the convenience of being able to access the contents while it's still on my shoulder; the backpack can be kind of a pain. I need to carry a body w/ grip + lense attached, 3 or 4 additional lenses, a laptop, and various accessories (wired shutter release, laptop mouse, laptop AC adapter, etc).

I like the way the UD 60 looks, but the only thing that concerns me is how easy (or not) it is to access the contents since it only has a single zippered opening going straight across the top while other shoulder bags have a clamshell top that flips open.

Jason

Can't help with that one but I have the Tenb shoulder pad and it holds almost as much as my Tundra truck and easy access through the top
bigthumb.gif

I notice that a lot of people who review this bag like it because it does not look like a camera bag, and when I read "urban disguise" I thought, great, this could really be something I could use.

But, according to Amazon.com: Think Tank ~ Urban Disguise 60: Camera & Photo this bag features:

• Doesn't look like a camera bag
• Professional Luggage Appearance

Which had me scratching my head a little

Clearly, this bag was not designed by someone living in my neighborhood. It has "steal me" written all over it - perhaps even moreso than a camera bag. Pair it up with your favorite khakis and dress shirt, you'll attract crank heads a mile away - unless the drunks get to you first.

Perhaps if you left it out in the weather for a year, put some duct tape on the corners and placed a few strategically positioned tears, coffee stains and mud smears - the kind of features I was expecting from the way this bag was being marketed - and left the khakis at home, this bag would deliver the security it promises.

Don't get me wrong, it looks like a great bag with lots of room. But the yuppies who marketed it really have no clue.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Most reactions

Back