Urban Exploration in Cleveland

crashcart

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Was on business in Cleveland and passed by an abandoned factory. Had my camera in the rental car and decided to go in and snap some shots. I'm really not too good with Photoshop and am kind of guessing at what I'm doing, so ANY constructive criticism (and tips) is welcome. Please, fire away!

think by crashcart, on Flickr

factory5 - cleveland by crashcart, on Flickr

factory4 - cleveland by crashcart, on Flickr

factory3 - cleveland by crashcart, on Flickr

factory2 - cleveland by crashcart, on Flickr

factory doorway by crashcart, on Flickr

As far as processing, they look fine - I don't see any technical issues. My reaction to these is that they don't isolate what's of interest from everything else. There seems to be too much in the frame and it's difficult to know what you wanted to convey. This is less true for the second and the next-to-last (number them if showing more than one or two), and these are the ones I would work on. In the second, the box in the lower left is much more interesting to me than the others - if you have enough sharpness and resolution to crop to that, try darkening the mid-tones a little to give it a "richer" and more dramatic look. On the next-to-last I would crop a little on the bottom and right and then selectively darken parts of the left wall - you can find plenty of tutorials on how to do this sort of thing.

#1 & #2 are my top picks. They all look good but in the first two I see a point of interest right away.

#1 makes me think

Thanks for the input!

I pretty much am learning on the fly through trial and error, so the feedback is much appreciated.

Thanks for the input!

I pretty much am learning on the fly through trial and error, so the feedback is much appreciated.

You've come to the right place. The feedback and range of skill here is excellent.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back