US Beretta M9

Beautiful photograph. Same weapon my department issues (L.A. County Sheriff)

Irvine? Cool, I'm flying out there tomorrow for the week.

To Irvine? Sweet. First beer is on me!

I just re-qualified on the M9 I enjoy it a lot. I do enjoy the HK P8 that the German army uses...and their G36 over the M4 (even though its the same rounds).

beautifully composed and photographed. i've never been a fan of the 9mm as a military sidearm round, especially with hardball. too much penetration, and not enough energy transfer. i had a Browning Hi-Power for some time, but sold it when i got my 1911... if i were fan of "wondernines", though, the M9/model 92 would be a good pistol to have around. it's interesting that a lot of the SpecOps guys use .45's, though... either H&K or 1911's. and a lot of SWAT teams are giving up on the nines in favor of .40's and .45's...

Nice shot.

Not a fan of the M9 but you make it look pretty darn good.

Off topic but "knockdown power" is a myth. Shot placement and capacity count.

It is rare to see a 1911 among SOCOM these days. H&K got the contract and in units where the guys carry what they want, many are carrying Glocks. The 1911 is a beautiful thing... but an anachronism. Much is made of the fact that Delta used to carry 1911s, but there is a reason they had full time, dedicated armorers to service their sidearms.

Sorry for the tangent...

Most reactions

Back