used stuff

kevinblahh

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So i might have to upgrade to a D80 or something higher, im wondering what everyones feeling are on buying used stuff, because ive seen some deals on ebay that look pretty good, im just wondering what everyones thoughts are about buying used equipment. Thanks! Also if i get the D80 im probably gonna sell my 18-55 and 55-200 along with the D40, and get a something like a sigma 10-20 ,12-24, because i mainly use my 18-55 and never zoom in, do you think i could get some decent money for those lens'

My personal is to never purchase from ebay. Look at B&H or Adorama (links at the top of page).

I wouldn't expect too much $$ for those lenses. They're were cheap to begin with.

Every piece of camera equipment I have owned in the past seven years has come from ebay. But, do your shopping very, very carefully.

I could write a book here, but to keep it short, fully research the seller. Go into their feedback & contact past buyers to see how the transaction went. If they have a bunch of feedback from just buying & selling cheap trinkets.....beware. Contact the seller directly and ask them if local pick-up is available instead of shipping. If they say "no", then something is possibly fishy. Remember, you are sending someone your money....if you are at all uncomfortable with the transaction, walk away, no matter how good the deal.

Most reactions

Back