What's new

Using a monopod

With two spinal surgeries, a shoulder surgery, old battered body and a bad case of the shakes, the monopod comes in quite handy with heavier gear. :D
 
I only use my monopod when i'm using my 300mmF2.8L, with anything else they are a pain, shooting cars you shouldn't need one, it make me laugh when i see one being use with anything smaller than my 300


good for you, you eat your Wheaties every morning. I like to use mine with my 5D MKII Canon Gripped and 120-400mm Sigma mostly but I sometimes use it with my 70-200mm f/2.8L. I certainly don't laugh at anyone using them to steady a shot unless you have a point and shoot Sony Cyber-Shot mounted to it! LOL
 
I only use my monopod when i'm using my 300mmF2.8L, with anything else they are a pain, shooting cars you shouldn't need one, it make me laugh when i see one being use with anything smaller than my 300


good for you, you eat your Wheaties every morning. I like to use mine with my 5D MKII Canon Gripped and 120-400mm Sigma mostly but I sometimes use it with my 70-200mm f/2.8L. I certainly don't laugh at anyone using them to steady a shot unless you have a point and shoot Sony Cyber-Shot mounted to it! LOL


They slow you down too much with a 70-200 or less
 
Maybe they slow YOU down. I don't find that I move any slower, or shoot any slower when using one.

You don't shoot what i shoot, i'm shooting and running back and forth to the van with memory cards ready to download and print. I always use one when i am shooting cricket because i'm shooting at 600mm
 
Last edited:
Maybe they slow YOU down. I don't find that I move any slower, or shoot any slower when using one.

You don't shoot what i shoot, i'm shooting and running beck and forth to the van with memory cards ready to download and print. I always use one when i am shooting cricket because i'm shooting at 600mm

Touche!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom