What's new

Using this flash..

Markw

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Jul 25, 2008
Messages
4,057
Reaction score
230
Location
Baltimore
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Ok, so a family member was cleaning out their closet and found a quantaray QA 25 flash. I have the D90, and for the life of me, I cant figure out how to get it to fire. I put it on the hotshoe and the ready light comes on, but every time I put the flash on, the on-camera flash pops up and that one fires. I cant figure out how to see if the thing works..any ideas? I have to be doing something wrong, or just am not doing something I should be. I looked in the D90 manual, and I cant find anything.

Mark

And can I say...WOW! 600 posts!!!!
 
I'd be leery about throwing any old flash on my camera, could be that it's not compatible. Since Quantaray is a rebadged 'something' for Ritz Camera it might be best to try and find who actually makes it.
 
Last edited:
Any idea how to tell if it is? I guess not working would mean that its not? Ive never used an external flash before, so Ihave to be doing this wrong id reckon.

Mark
 
I tried a quick Google search to see if I could find out who made the flash, would be the easiest way to find out more info - but I came up empty.

I did see a photo with a sync cord on it, but no other info.
 
I googled too, and also came up empty. Thats why I posted here. I dont know what else to do.

Mark
 
The QA 25 isnt shown on that list..

Mark
 
Just saw a post in another forum thread that says the Quantaray QA 25 has a trigger voltage of 250 volts and might not be safe to use on modern cameras. Hope you didn't fry your hot shoe.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom