uu

Taken while standing on the deck of a boat bobbing in the water.

610693647_AdpR8-L.jpg

Its a beautiful bird, and nice space on the right letting him fly. Even with the bokeh the background is a tad distracting due to the vertical tree trunks. Focus looks great on the eye, and its nice the way he is bright so pops from the background. Some of the highlights seem hot though, if you shot this in RAW I bet you could recover them.

I have to give a thumbs up to the OP. Most of his comments have been fair and constructive... something that many threads here in the TPF don't offer.

That's great if you are only interested in the opinions of one, rather than weighing the opinions of several.

You cannot have fair and constructive responses from several?

Sure you can, if they have experience and know the area of photography.

skieur

Now what's that frown all about -- and when are you getting a 3rd kitty cat? ;)

me, me, me, me........

Hey, how did my photo get in this thread?

Just to update this thread is the result of some changes in this thread:
http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/...-brutally-honest-critique-your-photo-huh.html

As a method of keeping some degree of sanity to the original idea its been split into a central photos thread and then varying critique threads breaking off from that. However in order to keep the main thread free of comments I had to remove some - which are collected here. I might be able to cobble something together, esp since we have one or two one off critiques being given - it just felt tacky to have a "On off" crits thread bolted on as well.

Then I will have to repost my thoughts that that thread is a terrible idea!

What happened???:scratch:

What The Heck??? How am "I" being credited with being the OP in this thread??? This is and was Markw's thread...

This is a most unorthodox editing job on the part of the moderators...but as has often been said, just as "bad cases make bad laws", so too do bad thread ideas make for bad edited,hacked-up,re-worked threads!!!

Derrel the original thread is still Marks - its just that when I cut these parts from that thread you're was the first post chronologically speaking so it appeared first (even trumping the first post I put into this thread to start it in the first place). The thing is with this content now removed its got no context to be placed back into a thread (ergo why its down here in testing rather than anywhere else).

I've now slipped a note into the first post (Derrels) in order to hopefully direct people to the correct new thread should they come here instead (moving things might have messed up how and which thread people are subscribed to - a point I didn't think to consider when the splitting occurred and something I'm not sure I can change)

You might as well go full bore, and be the judge and jury, and remove every post from every thread that YOU feel doesn't belong there.

You are being too nice... I would have simply deleted the comments that were obviously intended to derail Marks intended purpose for starting the thread.

As a moderation, this is a no win situation for you, moderator, nor mark the Op. Also seems like too much effort for volunteered time on your part. As you can see from the responses here. Good try though...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back