What's new

Valley Forge & Dogs--First TPF Post

jm8822

TPF Noob!
Joined
Nov 12, 2010
Messages
4
Reaction score
4
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello all! I've been silently browsing the forums here off and on for a while and thought I would finally take the plunge and post. C&C is welcomed and appreciated!


$02 23 14_0044.webp

$Snow-Dogs-02.webp
 
I really like the cabin, but it seems a little dark, and I'd like to see more of the cabin and crop out the road. This is a 5x7 crop
$02%2023%2014_0044a.webp
 
From the title I was really expecting the dog to be standing proud at the prow of an old rowboat, forging the Delaware.. lol. Welcome to the forum. :)

Buying the dogs three-cornered caps and rowboat as we speak!

Like the photo of the dogs. Good control of the exposure!
Thanks!

I really like the cabin, but it seems a little dark, and I'd like to see more of the cabin and crop out the road. This is a 5x7 crop

I like the edit, Rick, especially cropping out the road.
 
I'm from the Reading area and considered making the drive to Valley Forge several times. But the over - done - tourism -postcard -snapshot thing always changed my mind. Your cabin shows that there's always a hidden original shot even in one of the most photographed locations in Pa. Well done.

Oh yeah... you also get a free bump because I think this cabin shot deserves it :wink:
 
Last edited:
Thanks so much for the comment, Rick. Seriously, you made my night! In my opinion, Valley Forge is definitely worth the drive. I've got plenty of the over-done, touristy shots, but there are quite a few "hidden gems" around the park. Even if you don't walk away with any life changing shots the park is beautiful and a great way to kill an afternoon.
 
Thanks so much for the comment, Rick. Seriously, you made my night! In my opinion, Valley Forge is definitely worth the drive. I've got plenty of the over-done, touristy shots, but there are quite a few "hidden gems" around the park. Even if you don't walk away with any life changing shots the park is beautiful and a great way to kill an afternoon.

I think I'm aiming for Gettysburg this spring. I've driven by the park many times, but never spent any time there, which is a real shame since it's only 2 hours away.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom