Valley Forge Pictures for C&C

Darkhunter139

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Took some pictures in Valley Forge, PA today. Here are a few of my favorites. Harsh C&C welcome.

1. Arch
I like the angle of this one only thing that kind of takes away from it is the light in the bottom right but I was not able to edit it out.

4465822324_6c74f6879e.jpg

2. Arch2

This is probably my favorite of day I really like the angle and the sky

4465044845_bc4c90b9c4.jpg

3. Car Pan Attempt

Had a lot of fun trying to get these ones, took about 20 and this is my best one.

4465017601_ac107f97bb.jpg

4. Canon with some PP used something called antique light in lightroom and I kind of liked it

4465845214_032e32e3f8.jpg

I think these are pretty outstanding. Maybe you're just way above my level but I don't have anything bad to say.

#3's not super intesting but you're practicing panning and even if it took you 20 shots it looks like your practice paid off a bit. I recently tried it myself with birds and it's harder than I thought it would be.

#2 stands out the most for me too.

The color on #4 works I think because it's older subject matter. I almost expect to see an army marching from over the horizon to the right.

Sorry if I sound silly.. lol.

One thing, I'd clone the light out of #1. Minor and it's a personal preference thing, but I'd try to get rid of it and the pillar to it's right.

I tried cloning out the light but the trees in the background made it pretty hard and I could not really get it to look right.

Thanks for the comments though!

One thing I'll add. The panning is really good actually. Not sure if you left space in front of the car on purpose or not but everyone says to do it that way so it makes it look like the car/plane/bird is moving forwards instead of backwards.

Tighter crop on the cannon shot, seeing the other wheels partially is a bit distracting. Maybe clone them out if you are feeling froggy.

The other shots (minus the panning shot- doesn't fit the group what so ever) are very nice. The light is not that noticeable so I would leave it. I am not a huge fan of HDR, but that it one of the first things that popped into my head when I saw these, might be worth a try.

p!nK

I thought about cropping the wheels out but I kind of liked how it gives you the idea that there are a lot more canons in a line. Maybe it would look better with out them, what do others think?

2 i love, im gunna be heading out there sometime later this week to get some budding spring shots

I like the last one. However, I'm a history buff, so I'll be very bias about this.

Vally Forge was the revolutionary war - photos didn't exist back then. However, the canons looks like 19th century weapon - placing it as Civil War. So the antique look to me would be more 19th century than 18th century - when Valley Forge was in play. My first reminder of the last pic would remind me of the Battle of Gettysburg - not Valley Forge.

Sorry about the small rant - history is big to me. Overall - I have no complaints about your shots - they are great. It's just me getting hung up on history stuff. :)

Also love #2. The texture of the sky and the stone are just so crisp. Fantastic.

I like the last one. However, I'm a history buff, so I'll be very bias about this.

Vally Forge was the revolutionary war - photos didn't exist back then. However, the canons looks like 19th century weapon - placing it as Civil War. So the antique look to me would be more 19th century than 18th century - when Valley Forge was in play. My first reminder of the last pic would remind me of the Battle of Gettysburg - not Valley Forge.

Sorry about the small rant - history is big to me. Overall - I have no complaints about your shots - they are great. It's just me getting hung up on history stuff. :)

Interesting! Thanks for the info. I plan on getting up to gettysburg to shoot real soon. I think id get some pretty cool shots there.

i saw almost the exact same picture as in #1 on a wells fargo billboard. very sharp, i enjoy them.

Why thank you!

I got some comments on flickr that have made me think a little more about #2. I am planning on going to re shoot that in the near future and I am going to try and get more of the arch and less of the writing in the shot.

I think your shots are very good. I tinkered a bit and removed your light and pillar.

4480847422_7e7da16b6e_o.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back