Value

I think the position of the boots was bugging me as well. They looked static. Try some other positions of them as well as light placement. This was shot with a hotshoe flash through a softbox directly behind and above the camera and another bare flash camera right. I dunno, whaddaya think?

1163203304_LfLYo-XL.jpg

Do you have complete control over the ambient light in the room? If you do, here is something different that you can try using the equipment you already have:

1. Set your camera's exposure speed to bulb.
2. Turn your flash power down very low.
3. Turn off all the lights in the room so there is no visible ambient light. You should not be able to see your hand in front of your face...so be careful with the next bit.
4. Open the shutter.
5. Fire the flash by hand from several angles.
6. Close the shutter.

You'll need to mess with the aperture and ISO as well as count the number of flash fires to get the exposure right. Get creative - try lots of different combinations to see what the overall effect is.

Also, I would move the backdrop back a bit as previously suggested.

Good luck!

This is a VERY good idea! :thumbup:

I think the position of the boots was bugging me as well. They looked static. Try some other positions of them as well as light placement. This was shot with a hotshoe flash through a softbox directly behind and above the camera and another bare flash camera right. I dunno, whaddaya think?

1163203304_LfLYo-XL.jpg

Really nice detail and positioning of them! Again, i need to invest in some more flashes, some soft boxes, and bigger back drops :lol:

Most reactions

Back