image10.jpg

image2.jpg

image5-1.jpg

image6-1.jpg

image6-3.jpg

image6.jpg

Please Comment and Critique!!!

Per your request, C&C:
Without exception, all of the images suffer from focus issues as well as lacking contrast. Either you're focusing manually and not taking care to ensure you've got it sharp, or your autofocus isn't playing nicely, OR your camera is moving. I can't see any camera data when I pull up the EXIF info, so I really can't guess which.
Photos 2 and 3 have interesting compositions, however both would have been enhanced by a reduced DoF to isolate the main subject from the background. In #3, the arms in the lower, LH side of the image are more than a little distracting.
#4 would have, IMHO, been a much better capture had you been looking at the heads rather than the posteriors of the horses.
#5 appears to me to be an accidental exposure; no discernable main subject, large, distracting unfocused elements in the foreground, and an overall very soft focus.
The remainder of the images I' afraid do nothing for me, and say nothing to me.
If I may make a couple of suggestions. First and foremost, resolve the soft-focus issue. Next pick a particular area (ie landscape, people, sports, or whatever) and concentrate on that. When submitting images for C&C, it would help if you explained a little of your thought or idea behind the particular capture. To be brutally frank, these images appear to me be nothing more than random snapshots by someone unfamiliar with the camera they are using.
All that aside, if you are serious, and want to improve, then by all means stick with it, and myself and others here will help.

There will be no exif data because by the looks of them they were shot on film ;)

Actually, i disagree with much of the above... shots 2,3 and 8 do have plenty of interest for me, the contrast is good in the images and the focus is acceptable.

Some of the others however do have some focusing problems and lack a bit of contrast, but i like the idea behind 4 and 9 too if these problems wern't such a big issue.

Good stuff :thumbup:

There will be no exif data because by the looks of them they were shot on film ;)

Actually, i disagree with much of the above... shots 2,3 and 8 do have plenty of interest for me, the contrast is good in the images and the focus is acceptable.

Some of the others however do have some focusing problems and lack a bit of contrast, but i like the idea behind 4 and 9 too if these problems wern't such a big issue.

Good stuff :thumbup:

D'ohhhh... Where's the 'Self smacking the forehead' smiley when you need it?

As for your comments, well there you go jonahr; just goes to show you how diverse opinion can be!

Do you like these?

^^^ I hope. I really like 2 as well. When I first looked at 3 I was kind of like, Uh ok. But looking at it again I really like it. Their expresions make the shot.

Yeah #3 is one of my personal favorite photos i've taken. Not because it has or required and particular photographic skill but just because of the contrast between the expressions.

And the dog is not dead, well it may be at this point, i dunno, but when i took the photo it was most definitely alive!

Ah well that's OK then, LOL.

Shot 2 was well timed, shot 3 was well composed, but I think the tree reflection takes my vote. Could do with a slightly wider angle maybe, to show either an equal amount of both tree and reflection, or a complete tree, but it's fine as-is in my view.

THANKS!
my one personal quip with the tree one is that the leaves on the non-reflection are difficult to make out because of the low contrast.

I quite like the low contrast to be honest. Gives a strange mix of spring blossom with winter whites.

Looking again at this image I decided a crop would really do it some justice. Here's the result of 30 seconds in GIMP.

image358.jpg

Most reactions

Back