Vernal Falls in Yosemite

jmandell

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
These are a couple of shots of Vernal Falls from last month. Shot with a Nikon D90 w/ 18-105 kit lens and a ND8 filter.
$DSC_5698.jpg
$DSC_5743.jpg
Which do you think is better? C&C is always welcome:mrgreen:

Justin

Very nice! I live the shadows in the foreground and the rainbow and your great use of shutter speed. Perhaps you should have put your camera bit more up as the waterfall doesn't have much space above it and it makes makes me feel a bit cloister phobic, as it just looks a bit Squished

Very nice! I live the shadows in the foreground and the rainbow and your great use of shutter speed. Perhaps you should have put your camera bit more up as the waterfall doesn't have much space above it and it makes makes me feel a bit cloister phobic, as it just looks a bit Squished

Thanks for the good comments! I too wish there was more room around the water fall but I was zoomed all the way out and in constant struggle to find a balance of waterfall vs. rainbow. If I ever go back I will take a 14-24 and a full frame body!

Haha, ok. its quite strange thought that the rainbow is that low, or was it caused by the water fall and not rain?

Haha, ok. its quite strange thought that the rainbow is that low, or was it caused by the water fall and not rain?
It was because of the waterfall. We were there early in the day and the rainbow wasn't that high yet.

Most reactions

Back