What's new

Vertical panorama - thoughts?

jowensphoto

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Feb 28, 2011
Messages
2,983
Reaction score
906
Location
Northern Viriginia, US
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
$Untitled_Panorama3x9b.webp
 
Great execution on the techical side, but I'm not so sure it works for me on the artistic; the ladder on the silo pulls my eye away from the couple and up to emtpy sky.
 
Thanks, John. The balance is what's throwing me off - I would have preferred more symmetry.
 
I'd just consider this a use of the brenizer method. I wish they were placed a few feet to the right.


seems like, from account of the noise, your choice of iso was rather high given the conditions?


a quick edit:

$Untitled_Panorama3x9b_edit.webp

corrected for distortion and moved the subjects.
 
Last edited:
I wouldn't really call it Brenizer, since it's not being used for the intended purpose of Brenizer, which is getting a different DOF for a given perspective than you could otherwise get.

Anyway, the silo is really distracting for me. Commands 75% of my attention, but it's not the subject of the photo. Tiny people in portraits can be okay, but only when the surroundings are equally important, OR when the surroundings complement the people (by lending conceptual perspective, for instance -- look how humble we are in the mighty ocean or letting us know the profession of the subject, or whatever.. Or by having lines or other elements leading to them.)
 
Perhaps put them farther away from the background so it does not look like the silo is about to fall down. Here is one I did a while back. I need to do more of this.

p101115346-5.jpg
 
I usually shoot at an ISO no lower than 200. And usually add a bit more grain in post.

It's not really a Brenizer, I didn't use a long focal length nor did I isolate the subject from the background. It's literally *just* three shots stacked on top of each other.

Robin - I like that a lot. You DO need to do more of that (broken exclamation mark key)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom