Very fast shutter speed

Jrmdb3

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Worked with a high shutter rate on this shoot. From 1/800 to 1/1600.
I think it looks pretty cool! Enjoy!

P1020425-1.jpg

P1020430-1.jpg

P1020445.jpg

C&C's very welcome please!
Thanks!
-JR

Someone new caught the droplet disease! TPFers, watch out, this disease spreads easily!!!

(I was the last on her to spread it with this, this , this and this_thread . ;))

It's great fun producing these, isn't it?

Oh wow, yours are at a much smaller scale! I love them!

And yes, it is so very addicting. It's fun because you never know what you will get!

Yours look excellent though. What shutter speed were you using on those?

Thanks for the comment by the way!

NIcely done.
Might just by my imagination, but the the first image looks like a waterperson. Sorry..I see dead people too. :lol:
I have never tried this yet, but for sure have to.

Oh wow, yours are at a much smaller scale! I love them!

And yes, it is so very addicting. It's fun because you never know what you will get!

Yours look excellent though. What shutter speed were you using on those?

Thanks for the comment by the way!

You can actually do these with flashes and a slow shutter speed for much more controlled shots. I don't know if that was the technique she was using, but typical speed lights average about 1/15000 of a second flash duration at lower powers, that's much faster than a DSLR can go. Some strobes can get higher than that too. If you're using a strobe, it's the thing that's freezing the action and capturing the scene rather than the shutter speed of the camera.

#1 was my very first attempt and this shoot. I personally think it's the better one. #2 to me seems a bit dark but I like how you can see the reflection in the water. I like #3 but I wish the top of the splash was more in focus.

Thanks for the comments people!:)

@Village Idiot- 1/15000?Wow, that's crazy. Haha. I understand what you described though, thanks.

Damn, interesting article. Thanks for sharing.

Most reactions

Back