What's new

Vesta Church

PixelRabbit

A naughty little bunny...
Joined
Nov 28, 2011
Messages
6,593
Reaction score
3,719
Location
Ontario
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This is our first visit to the Vesta Church, I don't know a lot of information on it yet but it is one of the last parts of a local ghost town that is still standing, there is one homestead left also but we didn't visit it this time.

The church burned and the tower and entrance is all that is left, there apparently is still one service held here per year.

I'm looking forward to going back again in the morning to get some light on the other side of things, there are some great shots left at this place, I was hoping late day sun would work but alas it backlit everything.

Here are the best shots.

Would love to hear your thoughts, thanks for taking a look!

1.






2.





3.
 
I like the Christ on the cross a lot ...very nice
 
Thanks Mully, I'm really looking forward to shooting him again. I think with a different light he is going to be just amazing.
 
#1 is my favorite. The christ shot is good, but i prefer to reflect on his wonderful life and resurrection than on his agony.
 
Thanks Swashburn :)
 
Thanks Tmurphy! I like the drama in #2 also.... Hmmm... Perhaps a little light painting is in my future...,
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom