vibrating ring??

shorty6049

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So i've heard of, and seen these things online, but never really understood what they were. What i'm talking about is some sort of vibrating ring that attaches to your lens . I dont know if they're used on still cameras, or if it would just be a video camera... anyone know anything about this?

post a link/img.

Are we talking in innuendo here?

just kidding

The only thing I can think about is the ultrasonic ring motors that use ultrasonic vibrations to focus. that's built into canon USM lenses though, no attachment.

and again, a thread that doesn't live up to it's expectations...:sexywink:

no sorry, never heard of those rings. Vibrations used to focus? That sounds odd.

pascal

I was SO disappointed myself too! :lmao: :lmao:

I too, expected something more exciting ... lol

My first google hit for lens vibrating ring included the line [SIZE=-1]The Vibrating Ring is designed to be non-intrusive for both partners ... [/SIZE][SIZE=-1];)
[/SIZE]

Perhaps the OP is talking about an attachment that removes the vibration made when the mirror springs up as the shutter is opened. I've never known that to be a problem but I suppose if you need really sharp images for some serious macro work it could be useful.

Or have I just invented something for a problem which doesn't actually exist? (If so - better market it quick, someone's bound to buy it...)

Perhaps the OP is talking about an attachment that removes the vibration made when the mirror springs up as the shutter is opened. I've never known that to be a problem but I suppose if you need really sharp images for some serious macro work it could be useful.

Or have I just invented something for a problem which doesn't actually exist? (If so - better market it quick, someone's bound to buy it...)

but therefore we have mirror lockup! which i use often with medium time exposures (with 1/30 s or 30s it does not really matter ;) )

Most reactions

New Topics

Back