TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
vonvont.multiply.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
---Self taken portraits---

the story behind of these photos..
i was picturing, a young lady was raped, got back home, took a shower, try to wash away the dirst, the shame.. and the pain..

Notice: Just a story, I"M not RAPED lol...

edited1rz5.jpg

edited2dr4.jpg

edited3dm9.jpg

Perfect, stark, exposed. Good work, Evon. You captured what you were after.

the pictures themselves are good, but i wouldnt look at these and think this person was a victim of rape if you hadn't told me.

rape victims show pain in their eyes. and they cry. show us the pain in your eyes.

I think they're perfect. Not all victims cry and show pain. A lot hide it away and never tell a soul. I think you captured that aspect of it perfectly.

I have worked with MANY rape victims. This is NOT what you see. The pictures have emotion, but in no way convey rape. OTHER than you mentioning the shower and wanting to be clean, which is common. But the way you portrayed it was wrong.

Sorry, this is close to me, and this is not close to what rape looks like.

I have worked with MANY rape victims. This is NOT what you see. The pictures have emotion, but in no way convey rape. OTHER than you mentioning the shower and wanting to be clean, which is common. But the way you portrayed it was wrong.

Sorry, this is close to me, and this is not close to what rape looks like.
My friend was recently raped and I saw this in her. Denial, fear, hiding. For every rape victim who comes forward there are ten more who hide in the shower at home, too ashamed to admit what happened to them.

My friend was recently raped and I saw this in her. Denial, fear, hiding. For every rape victim who comes forward there are ten more who hide in the shower at home, too ashamed to admit what happened to them.

I am sorry that that happened, but your sample size is 1 person, mine is over 100 girls that I saw in the center. Not even counting the personal friends that I knew. Rape is horribly common.

I love the pictures, but I don't think they convey rape in any way. This is my opinion, coming from a former Clinical Psychology major.

I am sorry that that happened, but your sample size is 1 person, mine is over 100 girls that I saw in the center. Not even counting the personal friends that I knew. Rape is horribly common.

I love the pictures, but I don't think they convey rape in any way. This is my opinion, coming from a former Clinical Psychology major.
Oh, no, I wold DEFINATELY say you have a bit more experience than me. I guess I just see my friend hiding from what she went through and the photos touched a nerve for me because of the veiled eyes. I'm sure every woman has some of the same reactions and some all her own. I know I reacted very differently to losing a child than other's I've known. But I wasn't trying to say you were wrong, just that sometimes those could be correct? I don't know. Just reminded me very much of my friend. FWIW, I think what you do is amazing. I could hardly think what to say to my friend let alone counsel her. It was heartbreaking. It still is.

im sorry about your friend.

those people who hide in their showers, they dont cover their eyes. the poster is positioned such that it looks like she's hiding from someone in the room.

i just dont see rape in these pictures

I agree with lifeafter2am that these photo's do not represent rape. I too have worked with many victims, and these shots are not what a rape vicitim goes through.

Your shots are ok with a different story behind it, but in all three there is a hint of sexual overtones to them; the oversized lips partially open, etc. There are just too many women who suffer from this evil crime, and to say this is what they go home and do and feel like is not even close.

These shots look more like someone that doesn't want their picture taken because she's trying to be alone with herself in the shower, and I really don't get the blindfold at all.

thankz for the comments^^
I guess, everyone have different taste and interpretation towards everything, if everyone do the same, have the same idea in mind, what makes art today? no art would be existed anymore.

Do you guys think every raped victms will have exactly the same reaction?

Most reactions

Back