invisible

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
www.federicobuchbinder.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
p1108476370-4.jpg

I like it. Might have been cool to get more of the sun setting as well but this angle with the rocks and soft water is really nice.

Nice color, sharpness and elements to this landscape.

Absolutely beautiful!! Well done, babe!!

Hmmm... you wouldn't happen to have a sister named Abbye, now would you?

Might have been cool to get more of the sun setting as well but this angle with the rocks and soft water is really nice.
When the sun is setting, for the most part I look behind me to take advantage of the way the sun lights the landscape -- the lateral light brings out all sorts of textures and creates the most beautiful shadows, not to mention the way the warmth of the light makes rough surfaces feel softer.

Hmmm... you wouldn't happen to have a sister named Abbye, now would you?
LOL, I'm not sure I follow... :)

Thanks for the comments, guys!

Nice. I on-screen "quickie-cropped it"...that open area, lower right corner, near the right edge....ehhh...I trimmed off about one finger's width of right hand side and it really came together with a boom! Not quite sold on that lower right area being "water"...I kind of like it as "rocks"...but then, opinions are like...opinions! I *always* enjoyable seeing your vision translated to still images. Respect.

Nice. I on-screen "quickie-cropped it"...that open area, lower right corner, near the right edge....ehhh...I trimmed off about one finger's width of right hand side and it really came together with a boom! Not quite sold on that lower right area being "water"...I kind of like it as "rocks"...but then, opinions are like...opinions! I *always* enjoyable seeing your vision translated to still images. Respect.
I struggled myself with that section a bit. Doing what you suggest makes perfect sense, even if I'm not sure how to feel about the smaller rocks in the background being cut in half. Both crops work for me though -- I just don't know which one makes me happier.

Thanks much for the kind words. I like to spice things up with some "standard" landscape photography every once in a while. I feel out of my element and the keeper ratio is much lower, but it refreshes my mind so it's worth it :)

Hi Frederico - that reference was to "Afoto" who has posted long-exposure, wide-angle shots of water/clouds/sunsets usually using a very wide angle view. Very enjoyable images, and in looking at this one, I saw similar elements in yours. Different in how you composed it, but similar in terms of the sky and the "silky" water with rocks in the foreground. I don't get tired of looking at these - they catch a moment of the day which is fleeting, and yet, the image conveys a sense of timelessness. Earth (rocks), Water, Wind (air), and Fire (sky) have been the elements of antiquity, and they are all present, in a nicely balanced way.

When the sun is setting, for the most part I look behind me to take advantage of the way the sun lights the landscape -- the lateral light brings out all sorts of textures and creates the most beautiful shadows, not to mention the way the warmth of the light makes rough surfaces feel softer. !

That is a terrific point. I guess a part of me just wanted to see the sun going down. :shrugs:

Hi Frederico - that reference was to "Afoto" who has posted long-exposure, wide-angle shots of water/clouds/sunsets usually using a very wide angle view. Very enjoyable images, and in looking at this one, I saw similar elements in yours. Different in how you composed it, but similar in terms of the sky and the "silky" water with rocks in the foreground.
I think I've seen some of Aphoto's images -- wasn't she the one who posted a Milky-Way photo taken in the mountains that was a real beauty?

I don't get tired of looking at these - they catch a moment of the day which is fleeting, and yet, the image conveys a sense of timelessness. Earth (rocks), Water, Wind (air), and Fire (sky) have been the elements of antiquity, and they are all present, in a nicely balanced way.
I don't get tired of looking at images like these either. I usually prefer them in B&W, but the colours in this scene could not be passed up on :)

Wow, sick shot! Is it bad form to ask about the settings? Can never get my water to look that soft...

Wow, sick shot! Is it bad form to ask about the settings? Can never get my water to look that soft...
Not at all! This is a 66-second exposure at f/13, ISO 100. If I remember correctly, I used a 3-stop neutral density filter stacked with a 3-stop graduated neutral-density filter, but I'm not 100% sure. Quick tip: the way the water will look in the photo will depend not only on the settings you choose but also on the water itself -- if it's too calm, it will NOT look this soft (as ironic as this sounds).

Thanks very much, guys!

:thumbup::thumbup:!!
Vignette on purpose? Seems a tad strong... just my thought.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back