views vs replies

Alex_B

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
hm, did anyone notice how many views most threads in here get, and how few replies?

is this a technical problem of counting (e.g. do several visits of one person count as several views?)?

or is it really that many people remain silent while just a few discuss openly?

just wondering if we are just actors on a stage here with a huge audience :mrgreen:

It's a bit of both, each time someone views it does count, so if you go back to read what others have written it adds to the post count. A lot of people just read and don't reply, that's pretty typical of any online community that I have seen.

On my forum, a lot of the views are from search engine bots, IE the "googlebot" submitting info to the search engine.

hm, did anyone notice how many views most threads in here get, and how few replies?

is this a technical problem of counting (e.g. do several visits of one person count as several views?)?

or is it really that many people remain silent while just a few discuss openly?

just wondering if we are just actors on a stage here with a huge audience :mrgreen:

My thoughts as well......:er:

The views by guests who are not registered and therefore cannot reply count as well!

Also, guests count as views too...so non registered people that browse the forum add to the count, too. Often my own threads will have a rather large amount of views compared to not so many replies because I link my non-TPF friends to the thread so I can show them my pictures. They look, but aren't members, so they don't comment in the thread, but rather in emails to me.

And I know I don't post in anywhere close to all of the threads I view.

thanks for the feedback!

funny that this thread got almost the same number of replies as views ;)

For some odd reason the forum is quite, quite active tonight, but ONE of the very active members must withdraw now for a while and help herself to some "Abendbrot" or else she'll DIE! :shock:

ONE of the very active members must withdraw now for a while and help herself to some "Abendbrot" or else she'll DIE! :shock:

Same here, actually we are waiting for friends to arrive in Exeter to go out for dinner tonight.

But I will switch off the computer now to get ready for that ;)

thanks for the feedback!

funny that this thread got almost the same number of replies as views ;)

That's something else I was going to mention....often a new thread will have close to even amounts of views and replies (also, the views don't seem to update automatically..I think it updates every 20 minutes or 1/2 hour or hour or something)....but it won't stay that way. I'm willing to bet you in a few hours it will change.

But pay attention to new threads...especially ones that get posted in right away....they'll be even for a while, but will split up in a bit.

"If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all"

"God gave you two ears and only one mouth...so you should do twice as much listening as talking"
OK, so this one isn't a great analogy for an internet forum...but the principle remains the same.

I just wanted to reply to this, so I wouldn't screw up the count. I really have nothing to add however :p
Me too :mrgreen:

I asked him that in PM, on his Deviant Art!

Great photo eh?

Most reactions

Back