Vintage glass and adapter

That is not a Pentax thread mount.
If it is a Pentax mount, it is the later bayonet K mount.
A T mount has no automation features. It was designed for the old completely manual lenses.

I would like to see a side view of the lens, with a close up of the rear half, so that I can see if it is an adapter or not.

I looked at your photo tonight and would have to agree with ac12, that is NOT an M42 thread mount, but it's clearly a bayonet mount. The m42 mount typically used a small stop-down pin around the diameter of a pencil lead. In the lens shown above,we can clearly see the bayonet lugs and a broad metal piece that stops the lens down.

At about the one o'clock position there is a stamping and it looks to me to say ,"PK" which is the standard abbreviation for Pentax K mount.

Thanks all. I can look up the Pentax K mount and compare. That does sound about right and if so, will be able to get the right adapter to micro fourthirds. Other piccy- I think the red dot may be a giveaway on the rear metal ring? Oops, the copy from the sellers photos on Ebay, won’t paste any longer. Thanks again, I’ll look up some information on the PK mount.. all the best to you all. Bob

Thanks all. I can look up the Pentax K mount and compare. That does sound about right and if so, will be able to get the right adapter to micro fourthirds. Other piccy- I think the red dot may be a giveaway on the rear metal ring? Oops, the copy from the sellers photos on Ebay, won’t paste any longer. Thanks again, I’ll look up some information on the PK mount.. all the best to you all. Bob

Just looked at some Pentax K Mount videos on YouTube, we have a match!

adapter ordered. Thanks again. Bob.

I’ve had occasional issues with adapters whose fit was “off” thanks to iffy machining. Some no-name cheapies can be sloppy or tight enough to invite using channel lock pliers, sometimes on either end of the same adapter. Seems to be especially prevalent among the first waves of adapters on the market some time ago.YMMV, as always.

I’ve had occasional issues with adapters whose fit was “off” thanks to iffy machining. Some no-name cheapies can be sloppy or tight enough to invite using channel lock pliers, sometimes on either end of the same adapter. Seems to be especially prevalent among the first waves of adapters on the market some time ago.YMMV, as always.
I found a UK supplier on Ebay, not the cheapest, but with a 100% feedback, so fingers crossed. There was one video on YouTube with an adapter that was a little sloppy, but the camera still took good pictures. Hopefully if it’s not spot on, that’s the worst it will be. I’m growing some new plants to me this year, Okra, Swiss Chard, Cucamelon and Cape Gooseberry, so hopefully the lens will allow some nice shots.could get some nice texture shots with Curly Kale varieties too.

Well in good news, the adapter arrived and it’s a beautifully made perfect fit . Now all I have to do is learn to drive the camera to do the lenses justice. Keep well all. Bob

I use adapted lenses on my Fuji cameras regularly. I'm not aware of any adapters that can adapt a lens with no aperture ring to the Fuji x mount. If here is one, someone can jump in. I use a german made Zeiss 300mm f4 lens regularly. It has its own aperture ring. It produces stunning images. I'm limited to manual or aperture priority metering and manual focus. Neither of these things is much of an issue for me me. I have other adapted lenses covering medium telephoto to modest wide angle. I have a Yashica 60-200 f4 zoom lense that performs right along with comparable modern lenses in terms of image quality. There are some true bargains in the used lens market. It is fun to shop for cheap but excellent lenses that can be adapted to mirrorless.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back