What's new

Visconti Jewish Bible

goodguy

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Dec 5, 2012
Messages
5,555
Reaction score
1,121
Location
Toronto Canada
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
A bit of a long story so I will not share it all just give quick background.
Use to be a serious fountain pen collector.
One day I get a package in the mail with this pen in it, it was a gift from a person I hardly new that read on a forum that I wanted this pen so this person sent it to me.
When ever I think this world is hopeless I think of this pen and the fact there are still people-good people that will do completely selfless acts of pure goodness.
No need to say this pen will always stay with me even though I am not active with fountain pen anymore.
Its called the Visconti Jewish Bible Limited Edition and has the old testament stories etched on the body of the pen and a Hassidic Jew facing the Western Wall on the cap.

AE1_0837_zps5be74bcc.jpg


AE1_0839_zps14f23845.jpg


AE1_0842_zpse016da39.jpg
 
That's a pretty intricate pen. I can see why you would want it.
 
someone on a forum sent you something for free?

I'm calling shenanigans on that one!


really nice pen though.
 
That's a pretty intricate pen. I can see why you would want it.

Oh yes very special pen, has the Adam and Eve, David and Goliat, Abram scrafic of Izik

someone on a forum sent you something for free?

I'm calling shenanigans on that one!


really nice pen though.
Yep free and came as a surprise.
 
To put it in perspective, that Visconti cost more than a decent entry-level dslr with kit lens and an extra battery and high speed card. I also used to collect fountain pens. What a great surprise that must have been!
 
beautiful pen....

And seeing how I barely know you and we are on this forum together....................
 
To put it in perspective, that Visconti cost more than a decent entry-level dslr with kit lens and an extra battery and high speed card. I also used to collect fountain pens. What a great surprise that must have been!
Well thats the whole point, giving such an amazing pen to an almost total stranger.

beautiful pen....

And seeing how I barely know you and we are on this forum together....................

:)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom