What's new

Visiting A Friend

anicole

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jun 29, 2005
Messages
2,148
Reaction score
93
Over the weekend Aprilraven and I trekked to Little Rock National Cemetary. When we arrived, there was a man there, sixty-ish, on a Harley. Total biker ... skull cap, chains, dressed in full leathers. I wanted to stop and talk to him so badly, but didn't. I started snapping pictures, trying to figure out this DOF thing when I looked up and saw him visiting with his friend. He was leaned over, both hands on the headstone, having a very serious moment. It was one of the most heart-wrenching things I've seen. I wanted to capture it, yet not intrude ... here's the end result.

I still have a lot to learn about DOF ... but I shall perservere!!! :D

Thanks for looking!



VisitingFriends.jpg
 
i remember him... i have a shot of him too....tried to get it when you and i were talking, and he was kinda watching us..remember??

of course, here are two angles of death walking around with camera's..
i imagine that was weird for anyone...

sure wish we would have talked to him for a bit..he was cool looking...

great shot... love that he is blurry...
 
aprilraven said:
i remember him... i have a shot of him too....tried to get it when you and i were talking, and he was kinda watching us..remember??

stick it in here ... lemme see ....



Thank you Verbal ... :biggo hugs!:
 
Beautiful, moving shot. I'm really glad you're posting photos now. Nice DOF and composition. Great work!
 
You are developing not just your DOF skills, but a very good eye, girl. :thumbup:
 
:blushing: :blushing: :blushing:

Thanks Calliope and Terri ...!
 
Amazing Anicole. I love the DOF on this. You got your image across, and still save that man his peace. Well done.
 
Calliope said:
Beautiful, moving shot. I'm really glad you're posting photos now. Nice DOF and composition. Great work!
Me too :)
 
Thank you everyone!

:biggo southern hugs!!:
 
Have to agree with everyone else, the DOF works perfectly in this shot - it wouldn't have had nearly the same effect if you had himin full focus. I would have like to see just a teensy bit more of him to the right, but it's all good girl :)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom