Visiting A Friend

anicole

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Over the weekend Aprilraven and I trekked to Little Rock National Cemetary. When we arrived, there was a man there, sixty-ish, on a Harley. Total biker ... skull cap, chains, dressed in full leathers. I wanted to stop and talk to him so badly, but didn't. I started snapping pictures, trying to figure out this DOF thing when I looked up and saw him visiting with his friend. He was leaned over, both hands on the headstone, having a very serious moment. It was one of the most heart-wrenching things I've seen. I wanted to capture it, yet not intrude ... here's the end result.

I still have a lot to learn about DOF ... but I shall perservere!!! :D

Thanks for looking!

VisitingFriends.jpg

i remember him... i have a shot of him too....tried to get it when you and i were talking, and he was kinda watching us..remember??

of course, here are two angles of death walking around with camera's..
i imagine that was weird for anyone...

sure wish we would have talked to him for a bit..he was cool looking...

great shot... love that he is blurry...

aprilraven said:
i remember him... i have a shot of him too....tried to get it when you and i were talking, and he was kinda watching us..remember??

stick it in here ... lemme see ....

Thank you Verbal ... :biggo hugs!:

Beautiful, moving shot. I'm really glad you're posting photos now. Nice DOF and composition. Great work!

You are developing not just your DOF skills, but a very good eye, girl. :thumbup:

:blushing: :blushing: :blushing:

Thanks Calliope and Terri ...!

Wow, what an emotional piece and very respectfully done. Great job!

Amazing Anicole. I love the DOF on this. You got your image across, and still save that man his peace. Well done.

Have to agree with everyone else, the DOF works perfectly in this shot - it wouldn't have had nearly the same effect if you had himin full focus. I would have like to see just a teensy bit more of him to the right, but it's all good girl :)

Most reactions

Back