Graffiti Warehouse

thebasedsloth

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.tmarshphoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
After lurking Model Mayhem for a bit I found that there was a warehouse in Baltimore that was having a Photographer/Model meetup. Entrance fee was twenty dollars and it was open to anyone and everyone over 18. I called my friend/model, She was down, we went.

We expected it to be a really rundown, Raunchy, trashy turnout because the theme was based around fetishes, E.g. Whips, Leather, Chains, Dominatrix type ****, but when we got there it was pretty much the opposite. There was only one room participating in that theme, anyway.

Untitled by TheBasedSloth, on Flickr

Mesothelioma 2 by TheBasedSloth, on Flickr

The building had great natural light. Each room had giant windows that filled the exterior walls.

Minty by TheBasedSloth, on Flickr

Graffiti covered each and every wall, Some actually on the wall, and some on canvas placed over the wall.

Mapquest (on her forehead) by TheBasedSloth, on Flickr

About half an hour into shooting, this older photographer introduced himself; George Skepton https://www.facebook.com/skepton?fref=ts, and invited us to his own private studio down the hall. We finished up and met him down there. He wanted to work with Julie and well, he did.

Started simple, (These are my photos, but his were similar):

Mic Check by TheBasedSloth, on Flickr

Makeshift by TheBasedSloth, on Flickr

Then he got a little more.. Creative:

Marbles by TheBasedSloth, on Flickr

And when I say 'creative', I mean he just started handing her random stuff and telling her to put it on or just wrapping things around her himself.

My by TheBasedSloth, on Flickr

_DSC5448.jpg by TheBasedSloth, on Flickr

Changed outfits....

Untitled by TheBasedSloth, on Flickr

Mesothelioma by TheBasedSloth, on Flickr

The buildings 'Fashion designer' was nice enough to let us use some of the leftover clothes he collected from his past shoots.

Moo by TheBasedSloth, on Flickr

Money by TheBasedSloth, on Flickr

We decided to get away from that room and try to find some privacy. Fortunate for us, everyone was starting to move on to other models in other rooms so we were able to get a room of our own and shoot some stuff with only one other photographer finding his way in before we shut and locked the door.

I was going for some low-key stuff because the room was relatively dark but the giant windows, even though they were about 95% covered, still brought tons of light into the room.

Meh by TheBasedSloth, on Flickr

We headed out a little after this, We'd been there for over 5 hours shooting non-stop so we were obviously tired of it all/each other.

Sorry, my photo-journalism skills suck but I thought it'd make the thread a little more interesting. Especially since it's more pictures of the same girl I always take pictures of. Please excuse her lack of emotion, also. I always seem to pick the more stone-faced pictures at the end of the day to post. She's still beautiful, Regardless.

Let me know what you guys think. Any and all comments and critique would be appreciated.

Looks like a great day... some nice work, 'though from a personal point, I HATE the catchlights you get from a ringlight.

Too many to comment on individually but I like 3 and 6 best. :)

I must agree with Tirediron, though, ring flash catchlights make your subject look like a disguised alien... in my humble opinion.

Most reactions

Back