What's new

Volcano Sunset

climberusa

TPF Noob!
Joined
May 25, 2008
Messages
17
Reaction score
0
Location
Spokane, WA
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I took this two weeks ago in Ninilchik, Alaska (about 3.5 hours from Anchorage) at 11pm. Saw the sky starting to glow and frantically drove around trying to find a good location and found this beach. The mountain in the distance is Mt. Redoubt, an active volcano.

C&C welcome.

img_0846.jpg
IMG_0846.jpg

IMG_0846.jpg
 
I like it, the horizon in nice and straight and it has good colors.

Good job!
 
Beautiful sunset. Impressive volcano in the distance. Compositionally I would have preferred to see boat tip and volcano somewhat more distanced from each other (slightly different point of view).
 
Thanks!

LaFoto: My thoughts exactly. I wish I would have caught that when I snapped it.
 
Thanks!

LaFoto: My thoughts exactly. I wish I would have caught that when I snapped it.
 
I agree with Lafoto that offsetting the boat tip and the volcano would have made for a stronger shot compositionally. But I do like the shot... with the steep slopes of the volcano silhouetted against that beautiful sky.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom