Votes: 20 39.2%
  • Ambivalent

Votes: 8 15.7%
  • Absolutely Not!

Votes: 23 45.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I voted, and I set Ansel on ignore since I hate it if people shout so much ;)

Thank You Maxx. I would like to see a critique section were the moderator gives each photo a real work over . Many photos ,good and not so good get comments but no real critique, how will any learn from only a comment.

OK Max - I've not voted on this one yet, but am happy to do so on the basis that I understand where you are coming from in terms of the moderation you wish to see taking place. Assuming you're just talking about the Critique Forum, what is it you see being wrong at the moment and how do you propose to improve matters?

just read this and after i stopped laughing i had to decide what to write.

i vote no because although you guys seem to think that max knows a lot about the technical side of photography [ie his ramblings when he critiques a pic] his own photos are not really that good. So he does not really take any notice when copying his answers out of a book.

so i vote no

maybe we need a sub-section in the critique forum, where we lock Max away ;) .. and whoever dares to post his images there, has to be prepared for Max-ish critique (not necessarily given by Max himself).

That way nobody who feels offended by this quite direct critique, would be in danger of being hurt. :p

i vote no because although you guys seem to think that max knows a lot about the technical side of photography [ie his ramblings when he critiques a pic] his own photos are not really that good.

You'd have to use that logic on hundreds of thousands of people then. Stephen Hawkings is basically a quadriplegic yet somehow is a brilliant mind and author in his field of applied mathematics, thermodynamics and quantum mechanics. Or how about Bela Karolya... he's the most famous Olympic Gymnastics coach there has ever been. (web excerpt: Bela Karolyi, 2000 USA Gymnastics Women's National Team Coordinator Bela Karolyi was born September 13, 1942, in Cluj, Romania. He has become the most successful coach in the history of gymnastics. His coaching efforts have produced 28 Olympians, nine Olympic Champions, 15 World Champions, 12 European medalists and six U.S. National Champions in 30 years of coaching gymnastics in both his native Romania and the United States. Among his most accomplished gymnasts are Nadia Comaneci, Mary Lou Retton, Julianne McNamara, Phoebe Mills, Kim Zmeskal, Betty Okino, Kerri Strug and Dominique Moceanu.) I doubt that he can get up on the uneven bars, but he can darn well tell you how it should be done.

So jols, with your logic, you've proven yourself to be uneducated in this matter. I would stop while your ahead.

I haven't voted based solely on the struggle I have based on Max's [past] temper. I do think he is very knowledgeable on the technical side of photography and if he doesn't know the answer, I think he will research it. But, I still feel that even though he is honest with his opinions and usually correct, he can still be heavy handed in expressing his opinions. I personally feel that he will struggle in controlling himself although I hope that this will teach him patience.

Right now, I love his critiques. Mod... I dunno.

I do love ya bud... hope you can see that.

I voted.....absolutely not. :thumbdown::thumbdown:

But, I still feel that even though he is honest with his opinions and usually correct, he can still be heavy handed in expressing his opinions. I personally feel that he will struggle in controlling himself although I hope that this will teach him patience.

I would not call it heavy handed, but sometimes the comments/critique is so short, that it leaves not much room for much politeness and padding. On some occasions I saw some rather blunt things, but he never managed to offend me yet ;) .

By the way, once given responsibility, some people do change, since they are not speaking for themselves, but for their duty.

If I was a mod on this forum, I would be much more careful regarding my posts, how I express myself and such, than I am now.

Alex, I agree. I censor myself all of the time here. Some of the stuff I see a want to tell the person to sell all of their camera equipment and take up gardening. That way they can feel more comfortable working with a more organic source of the manure there spreading here! But do I? No.

More power to Max. I hope he gets it. I just have reservations based on sanity... his sanity. (honestly... I'll vote "yes", but by his own admission, it's probably a pipe dream.)

Max... I'll still see you in about 2 weeks. I'll buy you lunch.

Some of the stuff I see a want to tell the person to sell all of their camera equipment and take up gardening.

Sorry to disappoint, but this is not going to happen, since I am even worse at gardening than at photography :mrgreen:

Sure! Thanks for taking such a strong interest, that's what it takes to make a community work.

I wish the "no" votes would articulate their reasons.

Ya want reason....the guy offends people, has a crap attitude, and personally I can think of other members here that are much better technically, and have a much better personal skills. If Max can learn to talk to people, with being so crusty, then maybe I will change my vote....but as it is now, the forum has enough ego, and to put one of them in the critique section is not something I would like to see.

Critiques are (or should be) about helping people improve. This takes care, consideration and understanding.
Being a bull in a China shop and something of a megalomaniac is not the best combination.
Quite frankly, shorn of the rhetoric and self-promotion you are a pretty mediocre photographer and you certainly are not capable of giving people the help and support they need - you will just turn a lot of people away from here and continue to p*ss a lot of others off.
That said, I have no doubt that you will be a Mod within a couple of weeks. I can read the writing on the wall.

I voted Ambivalent, because your approach often comes off as insulting. Is that insulting? And I also agree that there are better photographers there but at the same time I do think that someone does not need to be the best a something teach others.

I’ve been there nearly from the start and understand that it gets old repeating that same thing over and over.

I voted no because I really don't think its our ( the members ) right to set polls for becoming a Mod, that a job only for Chase and the Mod Squad

I voted no because I really don't think its our ( the members ) right to set polls for becoming a Mod, that a job only for Chase and the Mod Squad

true. but this is also why the outcome of this thread does not matter ... except for Maxi's ego ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back