VT Barn and Granite Fence Posts...day 2

charlie76

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This was a re-shoot of an earlier image from last week. I went back for a better sky. Check out the granite fence posts..pretty neat stuff.
robinson cemetary road barn day 2 bw.jpg

Nice tones. Great focus. How'd you set the movements?

I credit the old wood rails with the tones. I had to do some burning in to get the sky looking accurate. Two exposures here, both with a small aperture at about f11. ISO was low, about 100 I believe. Can’t recall the shutter speed, but I believe was somewhere around 1/120. Thanks for looking!!

I wish the granite were exposed on that front post. Can you go back with a saw? Kidding, of course. Sorta.
I think the granite posts are the winner here, but they just aren't apparent enough in the photo. Maybe try putting a post with more granite exposed front and center.

WTF?! Wow, what an eye twister, that's freakin' awesome! The clouds in the bg just right of center rock. Good work!

You've inspired me. I need to get creative with my 8 mm fish-eye, poor thing never gets used and just lays there.

WTF?! Wow, what an eye twister, that's freakin' awesome! The clouds in the bg just right of center rock. Good work!

You've inspired me. I need to get creative with my 8 mm fish-eye, poor thing never gets used and just lays there.

lucky guy has an 8mm lens. I put in a purchase request to the wife for an 8. I don’t expect approval for at least a year or so. Glad you like the photo you have good taste;)

lucky guy has an 8mm lens. I put in a purchase request to the wife for an 8. I don’t expect approval for at least a year or so. Glad you like the photo you have good taste;)

If it were my X I would've sold a pair of her shoes every week on eBay for the extra money to buy a lens because she had so many pairs that she wore. She never would've noticed them missing. :biggrinangelA: :fangs:

If it were my X I would've sold a pair of her shoes every week on eBay for the extra money to buy a lens because she had so many pairs that she wore. She never would've noticed them missing. :biggrinangelA: :fangs:

...I hereby nominate this fine response for post-of-the-month.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back