Wabash River-- C&C, please

tinafaecarroll

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
These are from the fall. I went to the Wabash River with my sister. I have a feeling that by posting them, I will be told that they're too dark, but I kind of like them that way. Any thoughts?

3267101253_c4f3c3ab07.jpg

3267924348_59e74071f6.jpg

3267100915_8cf3fd0239.jpg

3267924022_f526fdc77c.jpg

Thanks! :)

Last edited:
i liked it better with it. that's probably not the right thinking, huh? :)

well, you can like whatever you want to like, but others may not like the same thing. I'm personally not a huge fan of the spot....

I think only the 1st and 3rd are a smidgen too dark, but are nice pics anyway.

I think 2 and 4 are the best. Very nice DoF in the first, how the trees in the background are blurred, but still a recognizable background. And the 4th has a lot of detail, and I like the way the path curves up the side.

well, you can like whatever you want to like, but others may not like the same thing. I'm personally not a huge fan of the spot....

I think only the 1st and 3rd are a smidgen too dark, but are nice pics anyway.

I think 2 and 4 are the best. Very nice DoF in the first, how the trees in the background are blurred, but still a recognizable background. And the 4th has a lot of detail, and I like the way the path curves up the side.

Here's the version without the flare.
3268476048_f04749bdab.jpg

I actually like it a lot, too. I just think solar flares are kind of cool. :)

I think my favorite of the whole set is the 2nd one. I tend to favor macros.

Number 4 has sensational lines and is very-well composed. It would benefit from some post-processing, but is really nice as is.

Number 4 has sensational lines and is very-well composed. It would benefit from some post-processing, but is really nice as is.

Thanks for the kind words. :)
What sort of post-processing does it need? I don't know much about the technical side of things.:blushing:

What sort of post-processing does it need? I don't know much about the technical side of things.:blushing:
I really suck at post-processing, to be honest. It says your photos can be edited, so below are the original and a new version –I hope you don't mind.

ORIGINAL:

VERSION 2:
3267100915_8cf3fd0239_v2.jpg

What I did is very basic: just darkened the areas were there was maybe too much light (the sky), and lightened the areas that were darker (the path, the right hand side handrail, the tree trunks) to bring out some detail. There is now more definition on the treetops, and – more importantly – the eye of the viewer is now drawn to the path, which was likely your subject, not the sky :)

I'm sure almost anybody on this website can do a much better job than me. This was just a quick edit to show you what can be done.

I really suck at post-processing, to be honest. It says your photos can be edited, so below are the original and a new version –I hope you don't mind.

ORIGINAL:

VERSION 2:
3267100915_8cf3fd0239_v2.jpg

What I did is very basic: just darkened the areas were there was maybe too much light (the sky), and lightened the areas that were darker (the path, the right hand side handrail, the tree trunks) to bring out some detail. There is now more definition on the treetops, and – more importantly – the eye of the viewer is now drawn to the path, which was likely your subject, not the sky :)

I'm sure almost anybody on this website can do a much better job than me. This was just a quick edit to show you what can be done.

I actually think the original is better than the edited one. This was my favorite pick out of the bunch aswell.

I like the original #4 also I am a sucker for fences ;) and as said before the lines are great
Troy

thanks, guys! :) it's good to hear some feedback.

I like that the sky is darker in the edited version, but I kind of liked the dark trees because the sun was setting.

I love number 4. The other are nice, but don't really do anything for me.

I like 2 and 4, but 2 seems underexposed.

I like #2 & #4 the best, but #2 would be an even better shot if it wasn't so dark.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back