Wacom Bamboo or Mouse for Editing?

I use a bamboo. I was thinking about an Intuos, but honestly, for photo editing I think it's kind of over kill. For just making nice photo's even a Bamboo isn't really needed, but if you plan on doing a lot of photo manipulation, or correction then I would recommend the Bamboo Pen, because it's cheaper than the pen and touch, and I don't understand why anyone would want multi touch on a computer. Or I would go with the Bamboo Fun/Craft because it's bigger and has more pressure levels.

To be clear. I use my pen tablet for all my web surfing, not just photo editing.

One of the features the Intuos 4 has that is so nice is 2048 levels of pressure sensitivity and it can sense the angle of the pen.

A good pen tablet can just do so much more than a mouse can. The pen has the equivelent of left and right click mouse buttons and instead of scrolling you can use 'pen flicks'.

I got the Intuos 4 before and really just didn't like it. The mouse is much more comfortable. I have always used a mouse for PS work. As long as you know the hotkeys for sizing brushes, zooming, and moving, using the mouse is easy. Maybe if you do really intricate fine art stuff, it would be awesome. Not worth the money to me though.

Just curious, how many pressure levels does that mouse have?

Most reactions

Back