Wacom Bamboo or Mouse for Editing?

dustin0479

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am trying ot decide if i should get the Wacom Bamboo Pen & Touch. What does everyone use for editing?

For any serious editing I use a tablet. I have the medium Intuous 3 and love it. It does take a little getting used to, but once your comfortable with it, the control is amazing!

I got the Intuos 4 before and really just didn't like it. The mouse is much more comfortable. I have always used a mouse for PS work. As long as you know the hotkeys for sizing brushes, zooming, and moving, using the mouse is easy. Maybe if you do really intricate fine art stuff, it would be awesome. Not worth the money to me though.

A tablet is initially awkward, given the time to get used to it, it is much more precise to use than a mouse. Few who make the transition, ever go back to using a mouse.

The Bamboo is on the small side. I use an Intuos 4 Medium, the most popular tablet among creative professionals, and consider it about as small as one can really go and still maintain good precision.

I'm may soon upgrade to a Wacom Cintiq 12WX. If I do, I will be selling my Intuos 4 medium to defray part of the $999 cost of the 12WX.

Amazon.com shows 1 refurbished Intuos 4 Medium available for $244.95.

Just ordered it.
I am left handed but for some freak reason i use my mouse with the right hand. It is coordinated enough to do typical mouse functions but that is about it. With the mouse in my left hand I am about 1/2 as coordinated as my right...... the pen works great.

Like everything else, once you get used to it you'll see finer control.

Just ordered it.
I am left handed but for some freak reason i use my mouse with the right hand. It is coordinated enough to do typical mouse functions but that is about it. With the mouse in my left hand I am about 1/2 as coordinated as my right...... the pen works great.

Dang.. too late. I was going to recommend this one:
For only $37.66 each when QTY 50+ purchased - 10X6.25 Inches Graphic Drawing TABLET | Graphics Tablets

I own it and it's fantastic. I've used Wacoms before and this works just as well for a fraction of the price.

Just ordered it.

For only $37.66 each when QTY 50+ purchased - 10X6.25 Inches Graphic Drawing TABLET | Graphics Tablets

I own it and it's fantastic. I've used Wacoms before and this works just as well for a fraction of the price.

I love monoprice! I might get that!

Just ordered it.

same here. :D
I'm considering an Intuos Medium as well.. but $300 is a lot to shell out.. Especially if I don't use it all that much. Is a "medium" sufficient space to actually use the tablet as a fully functional mouse? My friend said that his Intuos3 (not sure what size.. small/med) was too small for normal mouse use.

Just ordered it.

I love monoprice! I might get that!

Yep. Monoprice is one of the VERY few places I actually recommend people go to. Never been dissatisfied by a product. I've bought everything from TV wall mounts, to tablets, to HDMI cables, to audio converters, to over-the-air TV antennas. Nothing but positive. That company knows what they're doing. :thumbup:

I use an Intuos 4 Medium and love it. It did take getting used to, but now it is my preferred tool for editing. I've heard that the Intuos large is just too big for comfortable use, but I don't have direct experience.

Most reactions

Back