Wacom Intous Small Creative tablet

Discussion in 'Photography Equipment & Products' started by BananaRepublic, Dec 4, 2019.

1. BananaRepublic

BananaRepublic No longer a newbie, moving up!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    My friend asked me about this, the Wacom Intous Small Creative tablet, link to the offer below. My question A, Do you have experience with one of these. B, Can it be used for photoshop. C, Not knowing anything about these myself at €60 (Euro) (best buy have them for $69.99, i think it the same) seems to a bit cheap to me to be any good.

FYI Im in Ireland hence the Euro currency. I also have my doubts it works with PS

https://www.littlewoodsireland.ie/wacom-intuos-small-creative-tablet-black/1600260123.prd

2. smoke665

smoke665 TPF Supporters Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    Wacom has been around for awhile, but I ended up with an XP-pen Black Friday | XP-Pen Official Store primarily for price and larger work surface. It's taken a little getting used to but once I did it's great.

• Like Like x 1
  3. tirediron

tirediron Watch the Birdy! Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    Wacom tablets are outstanding, BUT... IMO, the small is a bit too small to make Photoshop use comfortable. I started out with a small years ago when they first hit the market, and very quickly upgraded to a much larger version.

• Like Like x 1
  4. weepete

weepete TPF Supporters Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    Yeah, I've got a bamboo one. I actually bought it years ago to try some digital painting. I find the small a bit too small and the movement is a bit wierd because my hand movements need to be smaller than shown on screen. I've seen a few people use them and they can be useful for drawing compicated masks, but I don't really use mine. Rotation can mess me up to so if it's not exactly oriented with my screen I have difficulty. Ultimatley I found it no more useful than a mouse. I think if you are going to get one don't bother with the small and go a4 or a3 size.

Saying that I find using a stylus on my tablet a lot better because I'm drawing 1:1 on the image. I can actually do some pretty compicated masks in lightroom pretty quickly on my tablet (if the hardware can keep up). The ultimate for me would be the Microsoft Surface screen, large, high res and I could work directly on the image but $$$. Can't wait for that tech to filter through though.

5. smoke665

smoke665 TPF Supporters Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    The active area on the XP-Pen is 10"x 6", for me that's about the right size. Any larger, there would be to much arm movement, any smaller it would feel cramped. I don't really have the real estate on my desk to put the tablet in front of me so I use it to the side. I found learning to use it was much like learning to type, you can't look at the keyboard. Having it to the side works better for me, because I'm focusing on the screen with the tablet out of view.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Original katomi

Original katomi No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I have the bamboo and the larger version.
    I have found both very good,
    I use mine with
    Win 7
    PSE9
    Lightroom 3.ish and 5ish

• Like Like x 1
  7. JBPhotog

JBPhotog No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit

I use a Wacom Pro 5 Touch (?) Medium and it was an upgrade from a Wacom Large Graphite many moons ago. I think the medium is the sweet spot but bear in mind, you can map out the area you want as the editing space so a medium has the ability to be a small if you choose.

• Like Like x 1