Waiting...

molested_cow

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
img24.photobucket.com
My neighbor(couple) rescue strays in need. They have about 20 of them. This one likes to sit on the lounge chair awaiting for his owners to come home.

DSC_1907_1.jpg

Is it just me, or does the pic seem slanted?

Other than that, I might have liked a closer crop on the upper part, getting rid of the machine and perhaps starting it on the drapery. That would make the background less cluttered. I like it that way because then you have the dog toy on the left (helps the general theme) along a simple drapery.

...I might have liked a closer crop on the upper part, getting rid of the machine and perhaps starting it on the drapery. That would make the background less cluttered. I like it that way because then you have the dog toy on the left (helps the general theme) along a simple drapery.

^^ Good points. That machine and its pipes are really interesting and consuming all my attention. It's a water heater right? We don't have that type of water heater here, so it's even more fascinating. The yellow leash kind of bothers me too, but... meh. I like your story about the dog waiting for its owners. The single cocked ear is very expressive.

I really like the image and the story behind it. I would only prefer a tighter crop so the background isn't that distracting and perhaps convert it to B&W? Then the yellow leash wouldn't stand out so much in the photo.

This guy is my favorite. They found her with her front left leg all messed up, but was still energetic and friendly. So they took her to the vet who removed the leg, and she's the one who's always hugging my leg with... one leg.
They suspected that she was a hunting dog that they used to hunt wild boars. There are "bear traps" in the hills to trap boars, and she must have stepped onto one. She runs around like she never lost a leg, but greedy as hell when it comes to food!

DSC_1917_1.jpg

This girl was found really young on a mountain pass all alone dodging cars. Really playful, "talks" all the time but can be annoying since my bed is on the other side of the wall.

DSC_1916_1.jpg

Here's the really tough guy. Not some pitbull or tibetian mastiff, but a guy who's probably never seen better days. They found him on the road, after being hit by the traffic. They though he's dead, but his eyes were still bright. So they gave him a shot and took him to the vet. The accident meant he suffered from spinal injury, which made his right front leg curl up like that. His left front leg, now his walking leg, was broken in pieces, now supported with metal plates. He has weak immune system and is being infected with a kind of skin parasite, so he's always battling with it. Medication can only do very little. In this photo, he's actually on his better days. When the weather turns bad, he itches and bleeds all over and his skin swell, smells as well. Nevertheless, he lives like a champ.
DSC_1933_1.jpg

I really don't feel bad for these dogs because I know they are in the best place they can ever be, taken care by the best people who know how to. They have a 14 yr old dog who's still rolling in the grass enjoying the sun everyday. The couple spends their time cooking for the dogs and walking them, all 20+ of them. Their commitment is amazing.

What a story...this world is just because such people are there!!!!
Liked the images well; i was really moved by the story of the last one, but consoled by your last words :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back