What's new

Walk with the girlfriend - C&C please!

Joined
Oct 1, 2013
Messages
32
Reaction score
3
Location
Ontario, Canada
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I went for a walk with the girlfriend tonight and took some pictures with my new 50mm/1.4, in pretty much complete darkness. :lol: The way there and back wasn't bad, but there weren't any lights actually at the water, and even with the 1.4 my little T3 was struggling. I salvaged what pictures I could - they're noisy, but I think they came out pretty cool still.








This one turned out awesome, it looks like it should be from RoboCop or Escape From New York. :lol:









 
First one: I like. Good lighting, nice expression, good isolation of the subject from the background.

Second: I like, but would be better to have less space to the left of the lamppost and more space on the right so the bench isn't cut off. She also looks like she's only got one leg.

Third: Nice minimalism.

Fourth: Interesting light and composition, but it's a bit confusing. The pose and the setting kinda says "lady of the night waiting for some business", but her clothing says otherwise. Also, placing her right under the light is not flattering and distorts her face, like she's got a freakishly long nose and no eyes in some severely sunken eye sockets.

Fifth: Sorry, but it's not doing it for me. There's not much interesting about a woman walking into a public restroom. It's a snapshot, and a slightly odd one at that. Kinda stalker-y.

Sixth: Again, not really feeling this one. She's smack dab in the middle of the frame, not doing anything interesting, not passing anything noteworthy. Maybe if a guy had been walking the other way and you caught him looking at her....otherwise it's just a person walking down a nondescript street.
 
I like 1,2 and 4. Focus is a little soft on #1, but i am assuming it was pretty dark? The grain adds to the feel of the images.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom