weepete

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.petecrawford.co.uk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Found this today on my hard drive while I was clearing some old work photos out. I kinda like it, what do you guys think?

Very moody and mysterious; the spitting snow adds a nice touch.

Sir William Wallace I assume from your location. Very odd looking top on that tower -- I'm going to have to try and Google a non-foggy photo of that.

Joe

The fantasy fan in my wishes you'd stood more to the left so as the tower would have hidden the building - losing all sense of scale for the structure as the hazy conditions give it quite a level of mystic - they strip the tower of clearly identifiable markings of scale which gives it a more grand, imposing and indeed leaves open the possibility of it being far more vast than it actually is

Thanks guys,

It is indeed a monument to Sir William Wallace, it's pretty much a fixture of the skyline in Stirling. I dont know much about the archetecture but now that its been mentioned, yeh: the top is quite unusual.

Damn, now I see it I wish I had been able to hide that building, there is also a shortening effect as it was taken from the car park of my old work from below looking up the hill. I will be keeping an eye out for that in the future though!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back