inTempus
TPF Noob!
- Joined
- Dec 15, 2008
- Messages
- 3,692
- Reaction score
- 4
- Location
- Indiana
- Can others edit my Photos
- Photos OK to edit
Just watch for some deals on Adorama and B&H. I ended up getting the XS new with the 18-55 kit lens and a 70-300 lens for 499.00 with no shipping. No need mentioning which site I used but one had the camera in stock and the other didn't so I went with the in stock so I didn't have to wait. It seems to be a great entry level camera and I have seen some people on here who have upgraded to some high dollar lenses and still use the XS body and it works great.
The one thing I have noticed when I was looking is that some of the prices are dropping quickly so sometimes the used market is a little high priced. Around me anyway a few guys had XTi's for sale and were asking $500.00 for the body. They paid a lot more then that for them a few years ago but you can get a new one now for $525.00 with a bunch of goody's.
so... was it used or new for that price? if it was new PM me the site! lol hell if not would you please PM me the site? haha I want an XS
indeed it is, and I still have one along with a D80, D300 and D700....IMO, it is a great starter and outstanding bang for the buck....Or, the D40 is an inexpensive, entry-level slr, priced consistently with the market and its feature-set which is appropriate for its target audience.
outstanding bang for the buck....
Sorry but it's not. The image quality it produces is ok but it's not outstanding bang for buck. The D40 is far too gimped for that. The XSi is better value and the Pentax K200D even better bang for buck (the latter being the outstanding bang of buck ).
Hmmm, I am not sure of this would be much help, but when I was looking for a my first DSLR, I had two choices, there were either Canon 450D or Nikon 60D. At the end I chosed Canon 450D because I think it has more room for expansion on the front end, rather than Nikon D60.
Also, I didn't even think about Nikon D40 because I think, as much as I'm a beginner, I would rather not buy something that I can easily outgrow... would be nice when you have something that is easy enough to learn as a beginner and at the same time, give you room to expand as well.
![]()