Want to buy a new lens...plzz help

aadithps

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi
I have a nikon d3100. I got 18-55mm lens with the kit. I need a zoom lens. should i be goin for 55-300 or 28-300...?? Will the picture aftr complete zoom from both the lenses be different or same.?

Both lenses will produce an approximately similar field of view at the long (300mm) end. I can't comment on the specific lenses, but from what I've read, I don't think one is markedly superior to the other. I would go for which ever fits your budget best.

There may be some differences in optical performance between the two at 300mm. Try to find lens test data on the net. I would assume the 55-300 to be the slightly better performer throughtout the range but I do not know either lens.

Well if I were you I'd buy the Nikon 55-300VR. It's the lens that will complete your equipment, letting you arrive up to 300mm DX (that is 450mm FX).
It's a good lens, not too much expensive, with the VR system that will let you enjoy on your camera. Did you think even to the 55-200 VR? It could be a good alternative, less expensive. But if you need to arrive to 300mm, that's unuseful :)

I don't think the 28-300 is a good idea, because is a FX lens and 28mm on a DX sensor are in my opinion too long.

I don't think the 28-300 is a good idea, because is a FX lens and 28mm on a DX sensor are in my opinion too long.
Not sure what you're trying to get at here.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back